Ep. 7: The Force Awakens

Leia: Previously on the Force Awakens...

Finn: He took them! Did you see that? He took them. They're gone!

Han: Yeah, yeah, I know...

And he and Chewie head off. Han moves toward a Resistance Transport landing in the debris. BB-8 rolls up beside him, in wait for the transport. Pan to Han's face, knowing exactly what's about to happen. Finally, the transport door opens.

And standing there is Leia. She sees Han and is stunned. A silent beat, husband and wife reunited for the first time in years. In the smoke and embers, no one says a word. Then C-3PO walks out from the transport, into the field.

C-3PO: Goodness! Han Solo! It is I, See- Threepio! You probably don't recognize me because of the red arm.

He then sees Leia, making this increasingly awkward.

C-3PO: Look who it is! Did you see who? Oh. Excuse me, Prin-- uh, General. Sorry. Come along, BB-8. Quickly.

He hurries off. Finally, alone again.

Han: You changed your hair.

Leia: Same jacket.

Han: No, new jacket.

Chewie being glad to see Leia, greets her with a hug. Chewie moans a few words, looks at Han then boards the ship. It is complicated and loving and painful. Han says, quietly:

Han: ... I saw him. Leia, I saw our son. He was here. He took Nix.

Leia hears this. Maz watches through the smoke. Cut to the Falcon and surviving X-Wings rot past camera toward a planet with green flora and a ring of asteroids.

Pan down as Resistance Ground Crew direct an X-Wing to a landing. In the foreground, another X-wing canopy opens, a pilot climbs out. Pan to reveal the landed Millennium Falcon. Finn runs down the ramp, up to camera, desperate, searching. Then BB-8 speeds right past him, almost knocking him down.  Finn watches as BB-8 rolls over to the pilot getting put of the black-marked X-Wing. The Pilot's helmet comes off revealing to be Poe!

Finn can't believe what he's seeing. And Poe, kneeling in warm reunion with BB-8, listens and reacts to something the droid tells him. Poe looks up and sees Finn and he can't believe it either! Poe smiles, points at Finn. From a distance, Finn gestures in sheer amazement that Poe is alive.

Finn: Poe. Poe Dameron.

They move to each other and embrace.

Finn: You're alive!

Poe: So are you!

Finn: What happened to you?

Poe: What happened? I got thrown from the crash, woke up at night, no you, no ship, no Nix, nothing

BB-8 beeps and Poe listens, turns to Finn.

Poe: BB-8 says that you saved him.

Finn: No, no, no. It wasn't just me.

Poe: You completed my mission, Finn. That's my jacket?

Finn: Oh here.