S2; Ep.5: Ghosts

============================================================

Chapter 12: Ghosts

Nix who wore a tank top hiked up the hill in the dark, intending to return to his and Rey's hut. He she neared the old Jedi village, she felt a familiar presence materialize in front of him: Kylo Ren.

Nix: I'd rather not do this now.

Kylo Ren: Yeah, me, too.

He heard him say, but he till refused to look at him. As much as he wanted to keep turned away, she was drawn to him, curious.

Nix: Why did you hate Uncle?

He asked, finally acknowledging him. His form appeared shirtless before him.

Nix: And I'd rather face my cousin with his shirt on.

Kylo ignored his request, continuing to face him. Nix sighed before he rubbed his temple.

Nix: Why did you hate Han? Give me an honest answer. You had a father who loved you, he gave a damn about you.

Kylo's face remained stoic, but his dark eyes were filled with conflicting emotions.

Kylo Ren: I didn't hate him. Unlike you and Uncle.

Nix: So why?

Kylo Ren: Why what? Why what? Say it.

Nix: Why did you... Why did you kill him? I don't understand.

Kylo Ren knew he had the upper hand in this conversation.

Kylo Ren: No, you don't. Your mother was foolish trying to reach me, and your father threw you away like garbage.

Nix: Your on thin ice Ben.

Kylo Ren: He did.

Kylo confirmed, knowing the answer by observing Nix's face.

Kylo Ren: But you need him. It's your greatest weakness. Looking for him everywhere, in Han Solo, in Skywalker, and now in that girl.

He sighed before addressing him once.

Kylo Ren: Did he tell you what happened that night?

Nix: Yes.

Kylo Ren: No, He had sensed my power, as he senses yours and the girl.

Suddenly, Nix entered Kylo's memories. A teenage Ben Solo was on his knees on his quarters, staring at the wall in front of him. The door flap was cast aside. Luke Skywalker stepped into the hut.

Kylo Ren: And he feared it.

Luke extended his mechanical hand, freezing Kylo in place. Kylo's eyes moved back and forth rapidly, frightened at what his master had done. He clenched his teeth, breaking free of the invisible grip detaining his body. Regaining all mobility, he reached up, collapsing the roof on top of them. Nix exited the memories.