S2; Ep.7: Brothers

============================================================

Chapter 14: Brothers

Finn and Rose were escorted by a group of stormtroopers into a massive hangar. Rose looked around in fear, but Finn was cold and calm, simply staring directly ahead with a smoldering glare.

Hundreds of stormtroopers, TIE pilots and even snowtroopers were gathered in precise rows, filling up the entirety of the hangar. AT-ATs and TIE fighters hung from racks on the ceiling.

Finn and Rose were to going be made into an example of what happens when one betrays the First Order. The spectacle would be witnessed by a massive audience of First Order soldiers, deterring them from questioning their allegiance. While Finn's initial betrayal had been covered up by the regime to prevent further defectors, they now had the traitor in their hands.

The First Order could now demonstrate the futility of trying to run away from their duties. Finn and Rose were shoved to their knees, still held at blaster point. The two looked up to find General Hux and Captain Phasma standing over them.

Hux: Well done, Phasma.

Hux said. He stared down upon the two prisoners, a gloating smirk growing on his face. He turned sideways, prompting Finn and Rose to turn their heads and follow his gaze.

Hux: Your ship and payment, as we agreed.

DJ emerged from the crowd of stormtroopers, approaching a hovercart loaded with boxes of credits. The slicer ran his hand over the boxes before looking at Rose and Finn. A small frown tugged at his lips.

Rose: You lying filth!

Rose shrieked, struggling against the grip of the stormtroopers holding her back. Finn didn't attempt to resist, only staring at DJ with a deadened look in his eyes.

DJ: We got caught, I cut a d-d-deal.

Finn: Wait, cut a deal with what?

A black-clad officer approached Hux.

Officer: Sir, we checked on the information from the thief. We ran a decloaking scan, and sure enough, Resistance transports have just launched from the cruiser.

Hux: He told us the truth. Will wonders never cease?

A look of horror appeared on Rose's face.

Rose: No...

Hux: Our weapons are ready?

Officer: Ready and aimed, sir.