S2; Ep.3: Bond

Kylo Ren: Previously on the Last Jedi

Leia slapped Poe across the face.

Leia: You're demoted.

Poe: What? Wait! We took down a dreadnought!

Leia: At what cost?

Poe: You start an attack, you follow it through.

Leia: Poe, get your head out of your cockpit. There are things that you cannot solve by jumping in an X-wing and blowing something up! I need you to learn that.

Poe: There were heroes on that mission.

Leia: Dead heroes. No leaders.

The conversation was interrupted as Finn walked into the bridge. He was now clothed in navy pants, a tan shirt, and Poe's old flight jacket, newly repaired with thick staples. Finn approached Leia.

Finn: We're really nowhere. How's Nix and Rey gonna find us now?

Leia rolled up the sleeve of her silvery gray coat, revealing a circular device with a blinking light at the center. Finn's eyes lit up in understanding.

Finn: A cloaked binary beacon.

Leia: To light their way home.

Finn: All right, so until they get back, what's the plan?

Leia: We need to find a new base. One with enough power to get a distress signal to our allies scattered in the Outer Rim. Right now, we're on our way to rendezvous with some of the remains of the Republic fleet. Once we gather our forces, we'll bunker down at that new base and wait for help to arrive. From there we can start our campaign against the First Order. Unfortunately, we'll have to take back most of the major star systems by then.

The four Resistance ships dropped out of hyperspace. In front of them was a mass of twenty-six ships. The four biggest were New Republic Starhawks, large vessels with hatchet-shaped front ends. A few bulbous Mon Cal cruisers floated around, forming up with the Starhawks.

There were several corvettes of the same model as the one in the Resistance fleet. On the pylons that extended from their bridges hung squadrons of A-wings or bombers. Besides several other types of support ships, groups of New Republic X-wings flew patrol patterns around the fleet.

In total, the fleet was relatively small, significantly smaller than that of the Rebel Alliance at its height, but it was all they had. Leia gazed out the bridge of the cruiser, a determined look on her face. The Alliance started out small, too. She knew big things could come from humble beginnings. She had fought this same fight once before. Suddenly, alarms blared throughout the cruiser.

Ackbar: Proximity alert!

Leia: They found us. That's impossible.

Outside the bridge window, Leia could see over sixty First Order destroyers, spread out in a wide formation. The New Republic fleet stood in between the Resistance ships and the First Order.

One final ship exited hyperspace above the rest of the First Order's fleet, so massive its shadow covered the rest of the destroyers below it. It was one massive flying wing, bristling with thousands of gun turrets. Ten rows of double-stacked engines propelled the ship through space. Poe gaped in awe at the immensity of the First Order vessel.