Fraud

{1269 Words}

They had supper with Ms Cecily and Miss Susie fed Annie. Annie really enjoyed it. Being treated like a little was fun. She just wished she could find her headspace so she could be ‘normal’ like a ‘real’ little.

After supper, the three of them played in the living room together. Miss Felicity had really fun toys to play with! Her favourite was a small table with beads on a wire she could push around. There was even a bumblebee bead on it!

Ms Felicity called it a honey bee and Annie needed to correct her. And then Annie explained the twenty easiest ways to tell a honey bee and a bumble bee apart.

{I messed up researching my last bee fact so we’ll all just assume Annie knows what in the beeswax she's talkin’ about. 🤣}

Ms Felicity and Miss Susie would discuss later that they would only ever refer to something as a ‘bee’ and try to avoid the topic.

After playtime, Miss Susie gave Annie a bath. It wasn't really all that awkward. Miss Susie had made sure to point out the bee bath toy. Annie was then too distracted to pay attention to getting washed.

Then, it was time for bed. Miss Susie put a fresh pull-up on her even though Annie hadn't actually used the first one. Miss Susie found a book about a bee to read to Annie. Annie giggled but the worst part about bedtime stories is falling asleep before she found out if the bee found their way home or not.

She refused to get dressed today until Miss Susie read her the ending. She pouted and stomped an angry foot dramatically. Miss Susie didn't get too annoyed. She was more confused. Annie acted a lot like a little for someone who could barely pass her little classes and refused to declare her major as little.

After breakfast, it was time to go to daycare. Most days, Miss Susie worked at the daycare with another middle named Mr Alec. When they arrived at the daycare, Miss Susie introduced Annie to Mr Alec and the little boy called Ben that was staying with him and his Caregiver.

Ben was an upper level little and was so sleepy still, Mr Alec had to carry him to daycare. Ben just whined when he was supposed to say hi to Annie.

Ben was soooo little. Maybe Annie should have asked Miss Susie to carry her. Maybe she will never need to be carried. Maybe she is already failing this assignment and will flunk out of school entirely and get kicked out of the Marula family.

“Come along, Annie.”

“Yes, ma’am.” Annie followed Miss Susie with a gloomy expression trying to imagine life as an unclaimed human.

“This will be your cubby. I have already put your diaper bag in it. Your diaper bag has your stuffies and everything you will need for a change including diapers in case you need more than just pull-ups and a change of clothes.” Miss Susie explained but that was normal and was mandatory at college too if you were taking little classes. Annie never needed it though. She was more interested in the label with her name on it.

“BEE!”

Miss Susie giggled. “Yes, all cubbies have a picture of a favourite thing with the little’s name.” Makes sense. Molly did say a lot of littles had favourite things that they liked to theme everything with.

“What does Molly’s and Zadie's cubbies have?”

“Molly has a pumpkin and Zadie has a doe.”

Annie giggled. Molly did call herself the little pumpkin princess and Zadie called herself the little doe. If she ever did become a little, she'd want to be called a little bee.

Miss Susie then gave her a tour of the daycare. It had a lot more play areas than her classroom.  It even had an adult sized playground in an area with huge windows and flooring that was made to feel and look like grass.

There were bathrooms, changing rooms and a nap room. Annie never took naps like a little should. Sometimes she falls asleep at weird times and places. But that didn't count. Real littles take real naps.

Annie played in the kitchen area while Ben had a nap waiting for other littles to show up. A few came in but Annie was too nervous and distracted by their perfect little behaviours to say hi. They obviously wouldn't like her anyway.

But then, she saw someone she recognised from Halloween. So she ran over to the crafts area.

“No running, little one!”

“Sorry, sir. Nate!”

“Hi Annie! You've graduated and found your dynamic?”

“No.” Annie shook her head. She wondered if Nate ever lost track of time because he was a 900+ year old little. “I'm doing my little internship then I still have my whole upper level classes.”

“Are you staying with Miss Susie or Mr Alec?”

“Miss Susie.”

“Miss Susie and Ms Felicity are really nice.”

“They are!”

Nate introduced Annie to a little girl named Gabby. Gabby wore a pink and purple dress with a purple bow in her hair. Her collar was purple and looked like a doggy collar. Not all vampires chose to continue wearing their human collars.

Doms never continued wearing a collar while subs tended to cherish the connection to their Dom. Humans wore them for safety so vampires would leave them alone. A collar meant you belonged to a human or vampire family and were untouchable. Hurting a claimed human was a death sentence.

Annie had been born into the Marula family so she had been wearing a collar since her vampire dad put her first baby one on her as an infant. Unclaimed humans would complain it was like being treated like an animal but Annie always associated it with safety.

She used to wear a yellow colour but now she picked a black one. The tag had the image of the Marula family tree on the front and her name and vampire dad's name on the back. Once she found her Dom, their name would be on the back instead of her dad’s and her Dom’s initial would be beside the tree in the front. Her classification would be on the back too, if she ever picked it.

“Are you a little pet?” Annie asked Gabby. Annie's friend, Logan, chose to switch from a little collar with dinosaurs on it to a cat looking one when he switched classifications from little to little pet.

“No. My Daddy is a Pet Dom and my Dada and Babbo are Caregiver Doms. I just like to pretend to be a doggy sometimes with my Daddy. I'm not a little pet.”

“Have you had any luck finding a pet sibling?” Nate asked Gabby.

“No, Daddy has been trying by going to the college on meet and greet days. He also signed up for the dating app to meet Dom-less subs. But even the ones he chose to introduce me to after introducing them to Dada and Babbo haven't worked out.”

Nate tried to show Annie how to do paper origami. But she couldn't figure it out! Annie started crying so much Miss Susie told her to go lay down in the nap room. Annie took BB, the bee stuffie, from her bag and went.

She missed Beddy while falling asleep but she didn't want anyone to see how poorly she took care of Beddy. She was a little fraud who couldn't even do little paper crafts or keep good care of her stuffie.