Who You Are

{963 Words}

Annie would be moving into Ellie's dorm that weekend. In the meantime, Ellie would be taking over LeeLee's responsibility of getting Annie ready in the morning and ready for bed. Annie's parents would also be visiting this weekend so they would be meeting Ellie and celebrating Annie's birthday.

Annie didn't know what to think about Mr Felipe’s offer. She thought he was a Pet Dom. If he wanted to be her Caregiver, why didn't he say that before now?

“Here, little bee. Step into your pyjamas.” El- Mommy had given Annie a bath and now it was time to get dressed for bed.

“Why nu baby bee? Why little bee?”

“Do you want me to call you a baby bee? You told me you liked to be called little bee.”

Annie huffed. “Nu. Molly say Caregiver give not take.”

“Caregiver gives and takes what, little bee?”

Annie was so overwhelmed. She just started to cry and Ellie assumed she was just tired. Ellie fed her a bottle and put her to bed.

***

When Ellie came to get her ready Friday morning, Annie was already dressed and ready to go. She was playing with some bee stickers at her desk.

“You're all ready to go?” Ellie was a bit disappointed to not get her new little ready for the day.

“Yes, I'm big, El- Mommy.”

“Oh... okay. There was something I wanted to ask you when you were big.”

“Yes, Mommy?”

“Well, it's completely your choice but I was wondering if you'd like to try breastfeeding?”

“Breastfeeding?”

“Yes.”

“Why would we do that when I can just drink from a bottle?”

“Because it can bring a Caregiver and their little closer together.”

“Literally. But why would I do that? At least I know the bottle has been through the dishwasher.”

“I do shower and-” Ellie was clearly offended by the suggestion but Annie didn't notice.

“Can we get breakfast now, Mommy? The butterflies in my tummy are roaring!” Annie grabbed her bag and grabbed Ellie's hand.

“Of course, little bee.” Ellie was admittedly kinda sad her new little didn't want to be breastfeed or helped much when she felt big.

***

Friday after class, Ellie took Annie to tour their dorm room. Ellie already had most of the things Annie needed.

“This is where you will sleep. But you can always sleep in my bed if you want too.”

“A toddler bed?” Annie was kinda disappointed, she was a baby bee not a toddler bee.

“Yes, isn't the pink cute? And the guardrails will be perfect. You have some already. But these are prettier.”

“I like my guard rail.”

“Well, yes. You could bring it but it wouldn't match, aesthetically, but you can. See, I even have some clothes and toys for you.”

“They are all pink.”

“Yes! Pink is such a pretty colour, don't you think?”

“Molly likes pink.”

“See! So pretty. And I got your new collar here.”

“You picked out a collar for me?”

“Yes! Black is so boring! Pink is so pretty! Such an upgrade don't you think?”

“There's lace on it? The lace looks scratchy.”

“Oh, I'm sure it will be fine!”

“I’ve always picked out my own collar since I was old enough to pick one out as a toddler.”

“Well, now you don't have to with a Caregiver! I can pick out all your clothes and everything.”

“Pink clothes and no shopping for myself.”

“Yes!”

“Sounds similar to how Molly likes to be cared for.”

“Perfect! And now you can be cared for the same way! I have bath toys and other things in the bathroom for you too!” Ellie ran off excitedly.

“But I'm not Molly.”

***

Friday evening, after Ellie put her to bed, Annie couldn't sleep. Her room was filled with boxes. And some of the boxes were labelled ‘donate’ even though they were some of Annie's favourite things. Ellie said she didn't need them and to be helpful, Ellie put them in the donation box.

But just because Annie was a baby bee didn't mean she didn't have an opinion.

Just because Molly liked lots of pink and unicorns and black and getting babied in big headspace and boob food, doesn't mean she wants to do that.

She huffed and messaged the one person she wanted to talk to about all of this.

“Hi, baby bee.” Mr Felipe knocked once and came into her dorm room like she already said he could in her message.

“Why didn't you tell me you were a Caregiver? Why did you wait until the last minute?! That wasn't fair!”

“I'm sorry, baby bee. I didn't realise you had another potential Caregiver. I needed to keep you at arm's length because you were underaged. But as soon as it was possible, lunch time on your birthday, we asked you.”

Annie whined and looked around. “Are you going to make me get rid of my stuff? Or change my favourite colours? Or expect me to act little even when I feel big?”

“Absolutely not, baby bee. I want you to be yourself. That's who I've grown to care for.”

“And… and…. I don't like big girl kissing.” Annie blushed. “I will never want to kiss you or Dr Jimmy or Henri.”

“Baby bee, that's perfectly okay. We also would have discussed yesterday the fact that we all like kissing just men not women. But we never would have pressured you anyway.”

“Really?” Annie smiled, noticeably relieved. “You'd never want to kiss me either?”

“Never. The only thing we will ever want from you is to be yourself.”

Annie smiled and hugged Mr Filly.

The butterflies in her tummy were doing a happy dance but then they did a dramatic faint.

Now she was going to have to tell Ellie.