Tests

{2751 Words}

Today, when Daddy got Annie dressed he said it was a special day. “Special, Daddy?”

“Yes. We are going to go and have a playdate with your little friends.”

Annie scrunched up her nose, deep in thought. She couldn't remember leaving the house and backyard since she was turned. “But me nu leave, Daddy?”

“Yes, baby bee. This is the first time we thought you were ready to leave. You're a toddler vampire now so you should be able to start interacting with vampires and later humans without… much… of an incident.” Truthfully, they didn't think she could get through the day without an aggressive tantrum. But it was time to try so they would be trying without any humans around to be safe.

“Yay!” Annie clapped excitedly. She had talked some with her little friends on her phone but she hadn't been ready to see littles yet because her tantrums could be very sporadic. It was one thing to attack your dynamic or babysitter but it was another to attack someone just minding their own business in littlespace.

“This, baby bee, is a harness and leash.”

“Like doggy.”

“Yes. It looks like a doggy leash but it's made for baby vampires. We need to make sure you can't run off to hurt someone or yourself.”

“Like Uncle Parker.”

“Yes. All non-adult vampires need to wear a leash in public when they aren't confined to their house and their vampiratio backyard. Once they are an adult, and are legally considered able to handle themselves without hurting themselves or others: the leash and extra ceiling fencing in the backyard are no longer mandatory.”

“Otay, Daddy.” Annie said as he put the harness on her. This seemed better than Uncle Parker's, her dad had put a leash on Uncle Parker's collar to be allowed in the part of the house where human Annie and her human mom was at.

And when Uncle Parker had a tantrum, Duke, her doggy brother, would use his vampire speed to get Annie and her mom away just in case. But it was always made scarier because Uncle Parker would be choking himself on the collar. She shivered at the memory and was grateful Daddy was choosing a harness.

Daddy carried her to his car and put her in her carseat. Dada had just finished buckling Henri's doggy harness seatbelt. Since Henri chose to grow a doggy tail, he couldn't sit comfortably on normal chairs.

His chairs inside for when he was in human headspace were made for people with tails. Just like all of his clothes. The easiest way for him to sit in the car was harnessed like a dog. Henri laid down immediately, resting his head near Annie's seat.

Meanwhile, Daddy was moving the adult sized baby stroller from the garage to his trunk. Grumbling about trying to get it in.

“It's a bit pointless, you could just carry her for the less than 10 minutes. She won't be using it while they are playing.”

“No. But this stroller is meant for the baby bee.” Felipe had never considered getting his baby bee a stroller until he was shopping for other little supplies and saw this. It was yellow and black and had little bees on the front for the baby bee to play with. It was perfect, no matter what Jimmy thought about the price. It's not like they couldn't afford the stroller or to spoil the baby bee.

“Yes, Sir.”

“It fit perfectly when I purchased it!” The head of Marula security complained. “And this trunk fits three people when I need it to for work!”

Jimmy looked in the trunk and placed a hand on the stroller to get Felipe to stop shaking it around aimlessly. He looked like an increasingly frustrated little doing a shape puzzle by attempting to put the star in the circle hole.