Distractions

{1438 Words}

The headmistress huffed as she continued speaking on the phone. “Yes. I understand. Normally students do not end up in such a dependent littlespace the first night back. Yes. Yes. Dom-less littles do get themselves ready for bed all of the time. Yes. I get it. She's extraordinary because you've developed an attachment. Yes, well I wasn't born yesterday either. I am sorry you feel that way. It's already been arranged. Yes we are very much competent in arranging the care of little ones. Yes, I hope you have a nice day too.”

The headmistress huffed again and missed the days of slamming phone receivers down so she settled for throwing her phone onto her desk dramatically. She then vented at her assistant.

“You'd think he was a new young Dom or something because of how worked up and nervous he is! She isn't the first little to find herself in a little mishap! We can't have babysitters with littles 24/7 by definition they would no longer be a babysitter! The only reason he isn't in trouble for going into her dorm room last night without first getting the Dom student in charge is because she messaged him that she needed help and has the fresh cut on her forehead to prove it! Stealing guardrails maybe! But stickers!”

“Technically, he did pay for them, ma’am.”

“He’s going to be insufferable until she's 25 because she's my responsibility until then! Mattie, get me Annie!”

“Yes, ma’am.” Mattie scurried off before the headmistress REALLY got angry.

Annie was still in the lesson portion of her first ever upper level little class when Mattie knocked on the door to take her to the headmistress' office. By the time she got there, she was a bundle of nerves, normally the headmistress waited until her class was over in the afternoons.

Do people get kicked out of school for jumping on the bed?

“Annie. Sit down.” The headmistress looked up from what she was working on and greeted Annie.

“I wasn't jumping on the bed! Honest!” Annie frantically said.

“I know, little one. Please sit down now.”

“Yes, ma’am.”

“Speaking of, how's your forehead?”

Annie gently rubbed the bee Band-Aid on her forehead. “It doesn't hurt. Thank you, ma’am. It hurt a lot last night and then when the nurse gave me a fresh bandage this morning.”

“That's good, little one. Really good. And you've met the babysitter who will be helping you get ready for school and then get ready for bed?”

“Yes, ma’am.”

“And you get along well? No issues?”

“No issues, ma’am. She brought me a cookie to have after breakfast because it was a special day of meeting each other!” Annie giggled.

The headmistress smiled. “That's great, little one. The main reason I called you here is that I am enrolling you in the afternoon little classes on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. This will give you a chance to practise various little things with a Caregiver Dom student. On Tuesdays and Thursdays, you will be continuing to go to daycare.”

Annie scrunched up her nose in confusion. “But that's not normal? How would I get there? I'd get lost! And my scan card wouldn't work.”

“It's quite alright. I've made this decision because you are so close to 25 and because whatever is happening at daycare, it's the first time you've been thriving in your schoolwork. And you've declared little as your major and classification finally, congratulations!”