Mom

{3998 Words}

Annie had been doing really well. Since she passed her expected and unexpected tests, she was allowed to go out for walks in the neighbourhood on her harness leash. Normally in her stroller because walking around aimlessly was more interesting for bigs and doggies. Exploring made her legs tired. She was a toddler vampire and a baby little so preferred the stroller most days.

She only had two tantrums. The first was because a person had a bandage on their finger and their cut hadn't healed. And the second was because a kid fell and scraped their knee, their parent had to carry them off and console them. They tried to explain that they were safe because the baby vampire was on a leash, but the kid was still scared, naturally.

Not all children grow up in a household of vampires like Annie. And even she was scared of a baby vampire's tantrum.

So today, Annie was buzzing around her room flapping her little wings when Daddy said it was a special day! “Ace cream, Daddy?”

“No, maybe later, you just had breakfast.”

“Otay, Daddy.” Annie pouted.

“It's a special day because you are getting another babysitter.”

Annie was on the verge of tears. “No Auntie GG and Duke?!?!”

“They are still coming but they are bringing someone else, baby bee.” Daddy said as he picked her up and carried her to the living room.

“Who?” Annie asked, still in her harness from her after breakfast walk.

“You will see. Ask your dad when you give him a hug.” Her dad had insisted that he would get his hug first before she got distracted. He moved his entire dynamic to a new city for those now almost daily hugs.

That's what she did as she gave her dad a hug as Daddy clipped her leash onto her harness. After he was done giving her her hug, her dad told it was her human mom. And then her mom came in and she was so excited! She gave her mom the biggest hug ever! They hadn't seen each other in person since Annie was a human!

After their hug, Annie started running excited zoomies around the living room. Felipe had dropped her leash not expecting the extra pull of vampire speed. “Well, this is a development.” Felipe said, watching his baby bee find her vampire speed for the first time.

Her dad looked even more worried now and held Annie's mom chin gently so she would look at him instead of Annie for a moment. “Honey bear, are you sure it's okay? She's going to be even more dangerous now.”

Annie's mom wholeheartedly nodded her head yes. “It's worth the risk, Sir. I promise. I could get hit by a bus on my way home, I’m not going the rest of my life not seeing my daughter… even if doing so will make it shorter.”

Annie's dad suddenly held her chin tighter and gave her a stern look. With his Dominant voice he ordered, “There will be no shortening the time we have together on my watch. Do I make myself clear?”

Annie's mom blushed and looked down. “Yes, Sir.” Annie's dad relaxed again and gave her a polite kiss on the lips, hoping it wouldn't be their last.

Annie stopped running her zoomies and went over to her parents. “Icky! No kissies! Come look, mom!” She grabbed her mom's hand and dragged her around to show her the whole house she now considered her home. Auntie GG had grabbed Annie's leash so she could monitor Annie around the human, her babysitter job having escalated to keeping Annie’s mom safe too.

Annie showed her mom everything. Except for Daddy and Dada’s bedroom or offices since they weren't allowed in there unless invited. She showed her mom Henri's kennel, where she spent most of her naps with him. And some sleepovers at bedtime when Daddy and Dada said they could.