Bee is for Brothers

{574 Words}

Henri guarded Annie the whole time she was unconscious. He only left her side to go potty and that was only a few moments since their private bathroom was attached to her hospital room. And he only let himself go potty if Felipe or Jimmy was awake and watching her.

He curled up on the hospital bed beside her. The overnight hospital beds were all designed to hold three people. The patient and their two cuddlers. Cuddling was very important for healing. Henri and Felipe took this seriously while Jimmy took being her doctor seriously.

Her regular doctor also visited, but less frequently. And Henri wouldn't let anyone who wasn't Jimmy touch his baby sister. Jimmy would need to be there and explain to Henri why this other medical professional needed to perform the task instead of Jimmy in order to calm the doggy sub down.

When Duke, her doggy brother from her birth family, visited, he would sleep under her bed. Also guarding his sister to make sure only approved people went near Annie.

Henri was once on high alert because neither Felipe or Jimmy were in the room at that moment. But a nurse tried to come in and check on Annie. She didn't take his growls as a serious warning and he nipped her. Not enough to cause serious injury, but enough for the small bite to draw blood. He began angry barking at her and she screamed and left the room.

The nurse went and yelled at Dr Jimmy about it. She expected him to force the doggy sub to leave because he was a menace to society and getting in the way of patient care. She didn't know who she was speaking to if she thought he was going to listen to an airhead nurse who couldn't even read a patient's file properly.

“As stated in her file, only I go into her room to check on her. Ignoring this warning is at your own risk. He is a pet sub protecting his dynamic, it's his right and it's completely natural. As for patient care, I assure you she is quite fine under my and her doctor’s care. You were the uninvited guest, she is not in the normal rotation for check-ins because I do those personally. You would know that if you read the patient's file before entering her room. The doggy sub is not a menace and is fact aiding in the patient's healing by cuddling with her. Maybe you simply need to go back to the first year of medical school so you can read patient files properly and know the importance of having her dynamic close by for cuddles.”

Jimmy huffed and stormed off. He didn't know who that nurse was but she definitely wouldn't be working anywhere near his little bee after today. If she couldn't read Annie’s file properly, she would be more harmful than good. He made sure to take a plate of bacon to Henri for being such a good boy watching out for his baby sister.

Henri thanked Jimmy for the bacon but couldn't eat any. The anxious knot in his tummy wouldn't go away. It was his fault his baby sister was in the hospital. He hadn't protected her well enough the day she got stung. He would never forgive himself if something about her turning went wrong and she never woke up as a vampire.