Chapter Six - How, in any way possible, did this become my problem?

(This is a DOUBLE UPDATE!!! Make sure you've read chapter 5 first!)

"Hey, Kara?" Aru didn't really want to ask her anything, she just wanted to talk. She paused, thinking about what she could ask. Then she just said, "I'm bored!"

Kara glanced at her once, then turned back around, heels clicking as she left the studio. Aru sighed. It was just as she expected: TTSST

"Everything alright?" Aiden asked her. Oh no, she wasn't going to get her great relationship with her sister ruined because of some boy. So she, too, didn't respond and ran after her sister, leaving him all alone in the studio.

"Kara! Kara," Aru grabbed her sister's arm. "At least let me explain."

"Leave it," Kara said, coldly. Stung, Aru let go of her arm and Kara walked off. Again.

Aru walked back to her dorm, exhausted from the day. Mini was cutting some apples on the table.

"Hi, Aru. Your day?"

"Spectacular," Aru groaned, practically collapsing on their sofa.

Mini frowned. "What happened?"

Aru's phone vibrated. She checked it. A message from Hira that read 'hi aru!! kara seems a bit off. something happen today?'

She texted back, 'hi! yeah so um, yk aiden right? I tried to set them up and failed. also um, we were really close at one point and kara hated that soooo yeah'

Hira responded, 'its not ur fault, yk how she is when it comes to aiden. I'll talk to her'

Then Aiden texted her with, 'Next session's going to be next Tuesday. Kara's going to pull you out of class again'

And then, he asked 'Everything alright with you and Kara? It seemed like she was mad at you'

Aru ignored the second one and said, 'all good'

She let him interpret that however he would like.

"Aru?"

She looked up at Mini and said, "I promise I'll tell you later. But right now, I need to get new pens."

"Pens? That's your grand excuse?" Mini raised her eyebrows.

"If you want company, I'm sure a certain Rudra could..." Aru smiled suggestively. Then she left.

Aru wasn't lying about the pens. She actually did need them. But why go to the store once in 3 years (okay, perhaps this was an exaggeration) and only get pens? Aru wasn't a sucker for shopping, she practically hated it, but there was food!

But that was one of her mistakes, since she spotted Kara and...someone else?

The person was brown haired, her hair coming down to her elbows. It was wavy, and from what Aru could see, silky. They had golden skin, green eyes and wore a dark red shirt and green shorts.

They said something and Kara laughed.

Aru mentally noted this person and then left the store before Kara would see her. The last thing she needed was Kara labeling her as a stalker.

~~~

(disclaimer: the following is a special section of the chapter that is a part of canon events. It's like the show what is sanity? but it's called the doctor speaks. anyway, enjoy the show!)

Mini: Hello everyone, welcome to my show: the doctor speaks! This is your host, Mini Kapoor Mercado Lopez! This is season one, episode one called: how to set your sister and her crush up (and fail miserably)

Aru, crossing her arms: Excuse me?

Mini: Oh yeah, and I almost forgot. This is the one and only, Arundhati Shah, who is our guest for the season.

Aru: Uh, hi?

Mini: Let's play the clip of you explaining everything to us!

[The clip shows Aru coming into the dorm and talking about how Kara was mad at her because Aiden paid more attention to her, the model, and not to Kara, the model's sister. End clip]

Mini: So basically, Kara got jealous?

Aru: In a nutshell, yeah.

Mini: Well, does Aiden know what's going on?

Aru: Probably not. That guy lives under a rock sometimes, seriously. Kara was clearly trying to make a move on him today and he stayed fucking oblivious.

Mini: Did you notice anything?

Aru:...He did seem uncomfortable with it.

Mini: So what can we gather from that?

Aru, sighing: He probably isn't interested.

Mini: So what are you going to do now?

Aru: Keep setting them up?

Mini, tired: Wrong.

Aru: I have to though, or else Kara's gonna keep giving me The Terrible Sister Silent Treatment!

Mini: Aru, c'mon.

Aru: Tell me a more effective way to set them up, at least.

Mini: Stop trying to set them up! Aru, what do you think of Aiden?

Aru: Uh, a nice, handsome guy I guess?

Mini: So what does your sister think of him?

Aru, tiredly: She can give you an essay. I can't.

Mini: So, this isn't going anywhere. Well, nothing much was discussed in this episode, but that's expected, since it's the grand premiere. Thanks for tuning in for the first episode, season one of the doctor speaks! This is your host, Mini Kapoor Mercado Lopez, signing out!

Aru: Bye!