Chapter Fourteen - And Everything Became Warm Again, In Your Comfort

Now, Rudy wasn't like Aiden.

Oh no no no, he wasn't.

He didn't put his feelings aside. He faced them, from day one.

Only one thing was similar between Aiden and him; they were cousins.

Aiden didn't procrastinate, like he did.

And if he was Aiden, perhaps he would've confessed to Mini Kapoor Mercado Lopez back when he was 14.

But if he was Aiden, he probably wouldn't have realized his feelings until he was 16.

But, as much as he hated to admit it, somehow that guy had some of the best advice ever. And that guy was 6 hours away from him, in Georgia.

Rudy didn't exactly want to go home, where he wasn't wanted. And he could've gone to Aiden's. But only one thing kept him back.

Sweet, sweet Mini.

He wouldn't deny he loved her; He loved the way she laughed, her smile, her voice, her way of thinking, her everything.

He loved her.

And even if Rudy got upset every time someone pointed out he hadn't confessed yet, he couldn't deny it was true.

So, he planned it all out.

'No one trusts the weather forecast, Rudy.' His cousin told him.

"But luck's on my side today," Rudy said out loud, reliving that moment. "I trust the weather forecast."

It was set to rain today, around 5:00 PM. And, he had Mini's umbrella, from days before.

So, as per his calculations, if Mini wanted her umbrella back, she had to see him. In the pouring rain.

Meaning, it would be sufficiently dramatic for him to give his confession.

Mini 🤩

I have your umbrella by the way
Come take it in an hour

It could rain in an hour.

Do you want your umbrella or not?
I need to tell you something

Gosh just say that then.
Where will you be?

In front of mine and Aiden's dorm.

Rudy stood out the door, waiting patiently. His heart pounded loudly, and his fingers trembled.

'I can't believe I'm doing this,' he thought to himself. And then, as expected the rain came down. Mini came too, clutching her jacket over her head. No.

His jacket.

He'd almost forgotten he'd give it to her.

'I don't want it back,' He thought. 'She looked cute in it.'

'She looked like she was mine.'

And Mini stopped. "Hi, you forgot your jacket that day, when we watched the movie. Thought I could give it back."

Rudy gave her the umbrella. Mini looked at him incredulously, "You're going to get wet! No!"

She stood so they both shared it. His heart pounded even faster.

"I don't deserve you," He said.

"What?"

"Why would you care for a nobody like me?" He asked her, reaching in his bag.

"You're somebody to me," Mini looked up at him. "You're everything to me."

Rudy showed her one of the two things he pulled out from his bag.

A flower ring.

A certain two people, twins, if he may add, made it together when he was 16 and told him to give it to Mini.

He didn't have the courage up till now.

"Mini," Rudy swallowed. "I um. I love you."

Mini blinked, then a bright smile came on her face. "Well, that's surprising."

"Wait, no, that's not what I wanted to say," He panicked, then panicked even more when Mini's smile faded. "No I mean, I wanted to say,

"Nine planets, one Earth, and eight billion people, and I fell in love with you."

Mini's smile returned and tears came out her eyes. She closed them happily and said, "There are only eight planets."

Rudy started laughing too. "Viva la Pluto, fuck you. That ruins my dramatic sentence. Uhhh, since you're my world, that makes it nine?"

"Stop trying, Rudy, I get it," Mini laughed.

"Well uh. You can put this on," He gave her the ring. "And...I got you this."

Rudy pulled out a box. "It's flan with coconut milk."

Her eyes widened. "Hold on, how did you know?"

"Aru told me."

"Classic. Setting us up, huh?"

"Doesn't she do it with Kara and Aiden? It's a skill issue, huh."

"Honestly, yeah," Mini nodded.

The silence started becoming overwhelming.

"Do I get to kiss you yet?"

"Go ahead."

And he did.

He was sure the umbrella had fallen at one point. He was sure the raindrops dampened his jacket, his face, his hair, everything. And he was sure it was cold.

But it didn't matter, since he felt warm all over.