Chapter Nine - Curse Phone Calls

"Kara, c'mon." Aru tried again.

A whole week, and the TTSST still hadn't stopped.

Three minutes later, a time duration Aru thought was oddly specific, Kara sighed. "Fine."

Confused, Aru posed a question. "Fine, what?"

Kara sighed again, this time annoyed. "Fine, I forgive you, Aru. Yeah, it wasn't your fault he paid more attention to you and none to me. You're the model, not me."

Aru hugged her sister. "Oh my god, you finally got it."

Said sister rolled her eyes. "Only because I miss annoying you."

Aru nodded. "Obviously. Not like you didn't annoy me when you were giving me the TTSST."

Kara flicked Aru's forehead, and Aru stepped back. Kara spoke, "Anyway, I need you to help me choose a dress that will make Aiden ask me to dance with him."

Was it wrong that Aru missed the TTSST a little bit because there was no Aiden talk?

Don't get her wrong, Aiden was hot, he was crushworthy, but was he worth a whole verbal paragraph dedicated to his greatness?

Definitely not.

"Sorry. You know about me and my fashion sense."

"Ugh, I'll just borrow one of Cami's dresses. She's got such good taste in clothes, y'know?"

"Who's Cami?"

"She's one of my roommates and gods, she's so pretty. Her fashion sense is great, so I'll find something there."

"Kara, that honestly sounds like you're gay for her."

'Though that wouldn't be a problem.' Some part of her mind whispered.

'Yeah, because then she'll stop talking about Aiden.' Another part retorted.

'Obviously, it's just that.' The first voice said, sounding too snobbish for a voice in her head.

Aru silenced the voices in her head with a harsh 'shut up'.

She put her hand through the dresses in her closet, flicking each one until she found a suitable dress.

The red one? Nah, it seemed too bold for a spring formal dance.

Ironic, because she was supposed to be 'go big or go home' for the spring formal..

The day of the Spring Formal was a day where you just lose your past self and become someone completely new, before you revert back to your crusty, boring self.

Too bad the campus didn't allow dressing up as someone else.

She settled on a dark green dress which was breezy and flowed around her ankles.

And of course, the pitch black cord to tie around her waist.

The prettiest ensemble she'd ever worn.

"Ready to go, Aru?"

Aru hummed, before taking out her phone and reading the text Mini had sent.

"Mini says she's already there at Brynne's dorm."

"Well, at least someone's punctual. We were supposed to be there fifteen minutes ago, so hurry."

In the dorm, there was chaos.

Hira was screaming at everyone to get their shit together, and Brynne was buttoning up her baby blue suit.

Which matched Hira's baby blue dress.