Chapter Eight - Aiden and Rudy Get More Connected With Brynne's Life

Aiden locked the door to his dorm, and when he turned, he was face to face with the first horror of his day.

"Hey Cuz!" Rudy said, dragging out the 'y.'

"Rudy, you scared me!" Aiden moved him out of the way. And then he was met with the second horror of his day.

"Hey, dude," Brynne greeted him, munching on something she made, probably.

"Why is everyone here?" Aiden set down his equipment.

"Me and Aru talked recently," Rudy said.

"I know," Aiden rolled his eyes. "I was there?"

"Oh, were you? I didn't notice," He said, very kindly.

"I'm literally going to kill you," Aiden replied, sweetly.

"You guys are so nice to each other," Brynne rolled her eyes. "Anyway, can you not be at each other's throats while I'm here? Or else, I'll be at both of your throats. Please and thank you."

Aiden stopped. "Fine. Why are you here by the way?"

"I wanna see the pictures," Brynne explained. "Aru told me they look good."

"Really?" He brightened, considering the angry looks she'd been giving him the entire day.

"Well, no," Brynne paused. "She told Kara and she told me and Camilla that they looked 'fine'."

"Who's Camilla?" Rudy asked.

"My roommate. You don't know her?" Brynne frowned. "The Hispanic girl? Brown hair, green eyes? No?"

"What?" Aiden looked at her. "How have I not met her...?"

"Guys," Brynne huffed, exasperated. "At least try to be more connected with my life."

"Fine," Rudy smirked. "Are you and Hira getting together?"

"This is a topic I don't want to talk about but would love to talk about," Brynne smiled haughtily. "I'm asking her out soon. And no, I'm not like Rudy, I actually will ask her out."

"Bro," Rudy said, tears practically in his eyes. "Why does everyone comment on that? It's so uncalled for."

"Boy. You're 20," Brynne pointed out. "And you've been practically dying for a girl since you were 14. Six. Fucking. Years. Get a grip."

"I will!" Rudy defended. "When the time is right."

"Sure," Brynne rolled her eyes. "Photos, ammamma."

Aiden showed her some photos.

"Alright," Brynne said. "Care to tell me exactly why there's an entire folder dedicated to non-project photos?"

"Wait, Brynne," Rudy nudged her. "This is worth a whole 'What Is Sanity?' episode."

"For once, Rudy," Brynne nodded. "You're right"

"They're at it again," Aiden muttered.

"Okay, let's start,"

~~~

[what is sanity? theme song plays]

Aiden: What the h—

Brynne: Hello, and welcome to What Is Sanity?, Season one, Episode Two, The Folder of Snapshots! I am your host, Brynne Tvarika Lakshmi Balamuralikrishna Rao, and here–

Rudy: I'm the co-host, Rudra!

Aiden, sighing: Here we go again.

Brynne: So, Aiden, care to explain why we have planned this episode?

Aiden: I literally don't know. I don't even know where the audience is—

Rudy, tsking: God, Cuz, pay more attention. It would really help a lot with the sisters you're working with.

Brynne: Since Aiden's not explaining, allow me! He has a whole folder of snapshots, and they aren't even needed for his project. What do you have to say about this, Aiden?

Aiden:...It's not important.

Brynne: Hmmmm?

Aiden: It's my artistic instinct! I just do.

Rudy: Do what? Take random pictures?

Aiden, glaring: Yes.

Brynne: But I don't see any pictures of Kara on there. Do you, Rudy?

Rudy: No.

Aiden: Shah's the model, not her. Why's everyone directing the attention to her?

Brynne: My bad. Let's steer this conversation back to Shah. By the way, you have a nickname for her? Cute.

Rudy: He has two now, actually. He calls her a troll.

Aiden: I called her a troll once. And I was calling you one two, so that doesn't count.

Rudy: Whatever you say, Cuz, whatever you say.

Aiden, clearly annoyed: What's the purpose of this?

Brynne: Curing your oblivious disease. I thought we established that already?

Aiden: What am I even oblivious of?

Brynne: And that, my dear audience, is Exhibit A.

Aiden:...This is so annoying.

Brynne: Okay, anyway. Back to the conversation. Why did you take those pictures?

Aiden: Because it was a perfect time to!

Rudy: How did Aru look today? Fine?

Aiden:...Fine.

Brynne, sneezing: I'm allergic to lies, sorry. Truth only, please

Aiden, knowing he's not going to win: She looked great, then.

Brynne: So you admit you're attracted to her?

Aiden: I'm not attracted to her!

Rudy, sighing: Brynne, he's still at it.

Brynne: It's okay, it's only the second episode. We'll wait it out.

Rudy: I guess we'll end it here, then.

Brynne: That's it for Season One, Episode Two of What Is Sanity? !! Today we learned about Aiden's folder of snapshots, filled with Aru, and our thoughts behind them. Don't forget to vote on today's poll, on the official WIS app, 'Should Rudy Confess to Mini By The End of The Month?'—

Rudy: Hey!

Brynne: —If you guys don't say yes, I swear—

Aiden: What the hell is this? A show?

Rudy: See you all next episode! Buh-Bye!