Chapter Eighteen - Rudy's Magnificent Recap Podcast!

(The following is a chapter special thing and will not be repeated again)

[Pictures of The Rock are everywhere. A mug filled with...apple juice? And a guy with glasses, wearing blinding clothes...no way. Could it be...?]

Rudy: Hello Hello, everyone nice and everyone spice. I'm Rudra, the host of Rudy's Magnificent Recap Podcast! A lot has happened so far, and we are more than halfway through the story. We would like to thank everyone who's been following along so far, it's been a pleasure!

Rudy: So, let's back up. Starting from the beginning. Aru Shah's sister, Kara Shah has had a long, unrequited love for Aiden Acharya. And she's been telling Aru all about it. Aiden Acharya, who's my cousin, is in our friend group, the Potatoes.

Rudy:...How haven't they met again?

[silence]

Rudy: Well...Eh, I don't really know.

Rudy: Anyway, Aru practically hates the guy. But she has a project where she needs fancy photos—

Mini, from the distance: I'm pretty sure it's cinematic photos?

Rudy: Ah yes, thank you my dark benevolent queen. She needs cinematic photos and Aiden and Kara do to, in their photography and lighting course. So basically, if Aru can be their model, they can all be friends with mutual benefits—

Mini: Just say mutual benefits, don't say the friends part yet. Also, I'm going to go get dinner. See ya.

Rudy: Okay, Okay, bye, love you! And Aru's a bit weird, so she said some weird things, but eh, mistakes happen. And as we saw in the first episode of What Is Sanity? Aiden's been suffering from Obliviousness and also the inability to speak with his eyes.

Rudy: Very tragic, yes yes. But whatever, that's not the main thing here. Anyway, our two protagonists met! They slowly develop a friendship through Aru's temporary modelling career. Aru's trying to set him up with Kara, but it doesn't seem to work.

Rudy: Then, our beloved Spring Formal happened! Brynne dared Aiden to be Aru's escort (or date haha) and Aiden doesn't back down from a dare.

Rudy, clapping: Now, at the dance, Brynne overheard from the snack bar that Aiden asked Aru to dance! She came and told me for the podcast. Guess what, guys? That wasn't part of the dare!

Rudy, fanboying quietly: Ooooh

[Rudy clears his throat and checks his script]

Rudy: In the meantime, they slowly develop feelings for each other. And, in spring break, despite being oblivious, they both realise that it's not just attraction.

Rudy, grinning: Anyway, while they're having their crisis all the way in Atlanta, guess what me and Mini have been doing?

[silence...]

Rudy:...That's right. I confessed to Mini, and we started dating! [jazz hands]

Rudy: It's the end of spring break now. Everyone's back in North Carolina. Aru starts to notice Kara seems to be on her phone texting or calling Camilla, who she calls Cami, and doesn't seem to care much about Aiden.

Rudy: This leaves Aru feeling confused and guilty. She likes her sister's long time crush and she doesn't know how to handle it.

Rudy, taking out his phone: One second guys, Mini's asking what I want to eat for dinner.

[Silence for a couple minutes...]

Rudy, putting back his phone: Anyway. This is proved when Aru starts ignoring the literal love of her life and Aiden, stung and not knowing what to do, starts ignoring her as well.

[Rudy claps some stones together, and music starts playing]

Rudy: Well guys, that's the story so far! If you ask me, they should just get together and call it a day—

Mini, closing the door from a distance: You cannot be talking, you waited to confess to me since we were 14.

Rudy: —Why does everyone like to point that out? Anyway, thanks for tuning in for Rudy's Magnificent Recap Podcast, or RMRP for short! There's a lot in for the next chapter, so don't forget to check that out next week! Thank you all!

[Rudy forgets to turn off the mic, so you can hear him thanking Mini for his McDonald's Happy Meal...Mini embarrassingly switches it off for him]