Chapter Twenty Two

Hi everybody :) I hope you guys are well. New update!

DISCLAIMER- I own nothing but the plot and am not affiliated with One Direction, their friends, family, management, in any way, shape, or form. Any similarities to a particular event or situation are purely coincidental. AND IM FREAKING OUT OVER #ZAYNISCOMINGBACK PRAGDTJLTAGFFHKLMLFWWPPLBSAEES

• This chapter is dedicated to my really good friend on here, LarryIsTaken !! (Not gonna throw out your government name to everyone..I got you bae ;)). She's amazing and really sweet and actually helped me come up with this chapter plot ! Go show her some love :D •

---

(Sunday, date seven)

"...I saved the best date for last," Harry said softly, laughing quietly at Louis' expression.

The said boy's mouth was wide open, and his eyes were as big as the moon. "What..I..you.."

They stood in the middle of the park, in front of the beautiful crystal blue river with a small wooden boat awaiting them. The cherry blossoms were in full bloom and the soft glow of lanterns hung up in trees illuminated the small area.

"Oh, baby," Louis exclaimed softly, eyes filling with tears. "You made everything just like our first date." He couldn't believe it.

Harry scratched the back of his neck, nodding sheepishly.  "Yeah, uh..it's kind of why we're together. If it hadn't been for our first date, we probably wouldn't be boyfriends now. And I don't want to imagine a world like that, honestly. You make me really happy."

Louis' almost burst into tears, but he held them in, walking over to Harry and hugging him tight. "I love you," he said, pressing his forehead against his boyfriend's.

"Love you too," Harry whispered, kissing him sweetly. He wrapped his arms around Louis' neck and smiled as he stared into his crystal blue eyes. "I didn't know it was possible to care about a person so much until you came along.

It was like, it didn't matter that we were from two different worlds, I was still attracted to you. Nothing could stop the burning fire within me that ached to be yours. I let so many stupid fears control my feelings, which is what took me so long to realize that you were exactly what I needed. It doesn't matter what anyone else will say or think..that will NEVER matter. All I care about is being with you and making sure you're happy."

Louis began crying, despite the fact that he'd tried his hardest not to. He was a blubbering mess in the middle of the park, people were staring, but he didn't pay attention to it. He leaned in and kissed Harry once more. He would never understand how he'd ever gotten so lucky to be with someone who made every day a living paradise.

"You'll never know how lucky I am to be your boyfriend. I was used to being rejected, thinking that no one ever had or would love me in the way that I wanted, but right when I was crashing, you came and made everything better. With you, now that I know how much you care, I don't fear or worry about not being loved. As long as I have you by my side, people can say what they want. It's a lot harder for me to deal with criticism than it is for you, but I am finally beginning to let go. The way I feel about you is something that no one could ever stand in the way of.

...Nothing could come between you and I.. "

---

After the boat ride, Harry and Louis walked hand in hand back to Louis' house so he'd make curfew. The ride was amazing and both boys wished it could last just a little bit longer, but all good things eventually come to an end.

As they were walking along and laughing about silly memories (mainly Harry talking about when he was "straight"), they heard footsteps behind them.

Naturally, they thought nothing of it-it was a public park after all, but something didn't feel right.

"YOU FAGS THINK YOU'RE FREE TO JUST PRANCE AROUND HERE LIKE YOU OWN THE PLACE?" A threatening and unkind voice yelled behind them.

Fear crept through Louis' body as he bit his lip, afraid of what might happen next.

"Just ignore them..it'll be alright," Harry assured softly. But to be honest, he was just as afraid.

"LOOK AT US, QUEERS," The voice commanded again, grabbing hold of both boys and turning them to face him.

He was tall, and vicious looking. Kind of like a snarling pit bull or something. Two other guys stood behind him, looking equally disgusted and scary.

"We love to put little fags like you two in their place," one of the men said with a grunt, cracking his knuckles.

"HELP!!" Louis screamed, but it was too late. There was no one there to help them. They could try to fight the guys off, but it wouldn't be any use. They were about two or three times their size and totally ruthless; all they wanted to do was hurt (or possibly kill) them.

"SHUT YOUR MOUTH!" The lead man yelled, kicking Louis in his side sharply. The boy cried out in pain, begging for mercy as he was beaten.

"LOUIS! NO!" Harry screamed at the top of his lungs, trying his hardest to break free from the death grip that the two men had on him, causing his skin to bruise. He could barely breathe.

That didn't matter, though..he had to save his boyfriend. "PLEASE, STOP! YOU'RE HURTING HIM!! STOP!" He exclaimed, sobbing violently as he watched the love of his life get beaten to a pulp. There was blood everywhere, and his fair, porcelain skin was turning a dark purple from all the bruises. Louis whimpered out in pain, but couldn't move. He felt like he was going to die.

One of his eyes was swollen shut, but with the other, he slowly turned to Harry, who was crying harder than he ever had. How could people be so cruel?

"Harry?" Louis croaked out, his voice was barely audible, just broken and unfamiliar.

"Yes..?" Harry whispered softly. He wanted to die. Seeing Louis like this, it made him want to suffer. He wondered why he didn't get as abused as Louis, and it infuriated him.

"Beat me," Harry said angrily, turning to the men.

"No," Louis protested, softly, losing breath. "Stop it, run while you can.."

Harry ignored his words. He slowly kneeled down and pressed a soft kiss to Louis' forhead. "..I love you. I'm so sorry I couldn't protect you.." Is all he said, his heart shattering into a million pieces.

"Just sick," the men sneered viciously, grabbing Harry and beating him senseless. They made him suffer, but he didn't care. If he couldn't save Louis, there was no point in him surviving or being okay.

He groaned out in pain, but like Louis, he couldn't move. Everything around him was turning black. He couldn't remember anything.

He heard a voice.

"PUT YOUR HANDS UP!"

"Oh shit! It's the feds! Run!"

Running, sirens, darkness.

Then nothing at all.

---

I'm sorry...that's all I'm gonna say right now! If you're crying, just scroll through the #worstcarrotmoments tag and you'll probably feel better. Or if you want to keep crying until your eyes fall out of your head, do what I do and listen to some 18 from Four. Boom. Instant tears.

Anyways, please comment, vote, etc! I appreciate it so much and it gives me motivation to keep writing (:
Vent in the comments. Make a friend. Do whatever.

I'm going out of town tomorrow (6/19) and I'll be gone for about 2 weeks, so the next update should be when I come back!!

Signing off,
iStartedNothing x

P.S. I apologize for any errors in this story-past, present, future!

P.P.S. I apologize if you're still crying. *hug*