Chapter Thirty One

Hey loves!! ^▽^

This chapter was difficult to write because of all the feels, but I tried! And hopefully you'll like it :)

DISCLAIMER- I own nothing but the plot and am not affiliated with one direction, their friends, family, management, etc and I'm not making a profit off of this!

---

It had been a full four months since Harry and Louis had broken up. Louis was still so heartbroken and confused. How could the boy he was in love with lie to him?

He paced his dorm room back and forth, playing with the necklace Harry had given him. Even though they'd been broken up for a while now, he still hadn't taken it off. Not once. He just couldn't.

It was a silver dagger; while Harry had the rose. It stood for a sailor's loyalty and willingness to fight anything, even something as sweet as a rose.

Loyalty and willingness to fight for anything.

As he paced back and forth, his tiny feet shuffling across the soft grey rug, he thought about the fact that he'd believed that he and his now ex boyfriend (it was just so strange saying that) could get through anything, but ever since he found out about the military, it didn't seem that way at all.

Louis wondered about Harry night and day-he couldn't concentrate on anything else. College was going well so far, but his mind wasn't focused on it entirely, even though it should've been.

"I still love him," he suddenly admitted to himself quietly. He knew it was the truth all along-because he never stopped loving him, but saying it just made it even more real.

"..Uh, what the hell are you talking about?" A voice asked out of the blue.

Louis jumped, placing a hand on his chest. "Holy mother of balls! What is wrong with you?!" Turning to his roommate, Zander, he glared.

The redhead shrugged, chuckling. He was one of those 'laid back jock" kind of guys and to be honest, Louis didn't care for him all that much.

"I could ask you the same thing," he retorted, plopping down at his desk on his side of the dorm, running a hand through unkempt hair.

"What's going on, Tomlinson? You've been moping around like this for months now. It's kinda bumming me out, honestly, and I'm always a pretty chill dude.."

Louis' eye began to twitch. Who did this guy think he was?

He sucked in a deep breath before grabbing his bag and storming off towards the exit.

"Don't worry about it-and DON'T EVER call me Tomlinson."

He slammed the door and left, not knowing exactly where he was going, but just knowing that he desperately needed to get out.

And yeah, maybe he was a little hard on Zander, but he couldn't help it. Tomlinson was Harry's nickname for him-no one else was supposed to call him that.

But now, since they'd split, he was just so angry and depressed and had no idea of what to do. It was really affecting him, and people were starting to think he was crazy.

The things love will do to you.

Louis decided to go to local smoothie shop on campus, just to clear his mind and a least get a little bit of studying done if he could.

JuiceBoost just happened to be quite packed on this particular night, but he surprisingly didn't mind. He needed some extra noise to distract him.

He walked over to the very last empty table in the shop and pulled out his laptop, starting to work on his stupid essay.

The topic was to be about a struggle he'd gone through in his life, and there was only one main thing Louis could think about. Ugh.