Chapter Thirty Eight

Hey loves! Update time, woot woot!
(Sorry for not updating, school's been stressful plus I've been working on getting my license!)

DISCLAIMER: I own nothing but the plot and am not affiliated with one direction, their friends, family, management, etc in any way. This is a work of fiction and I am not making a profit off of this.

---

It'd been a few weeks since Harry had arrived back in England, and while he and Louis were taking things slow for their new start, things were going well. They were both happy.

"...You told him you wanted to marry him?" Gemma asked, almost choking on her drink.

He was currently staying with his mother for a while until he got some money for his own place, so this meant that whenever Gemma came over, they talked about him and Louis. Every single time. Even if nothing was going on, she'd ask about them, because that's what nosy older sisters did.

Harry nodded. "Yeah. Not now, though, obviously! Don't be a ditz. But in the future, I wanna get married to him."

"Awwwww! That's so cute!!" Gemma shrieked, gushing. She jumped up, squeezing Harry's cheeks, much to his annoyance.

"My little bub's in love, he's in love!" She exclaimed proudly.

He rolled his eyes, chuckling. "Have I ever told you that you're one of the most annoying people I've met?"

She scoffed. "Whatever, you love me! I mean, you love Louis more, but still."

He laughed. "Where's mum?"

"Oh, she didn't tell you? She went out with James. They've been spending more and more time together lately, I think it's pretty serious," she explained.

"That's great, mum deserves that. He's a good guy." Harry was relieved that his mother had found a man who respected her and made her happy. After his parents' divorce, he didn't know if she'd ever find someone good for her, but there seemed to be hope.

"Everyone's got a guy but me," Gemma groaned dramatically. "This is garbage, honestly."

"What about Sam? I thought you were seeing him?"

The blonde fake gagged. "What about him? He's garbage too! When guys say 'you're the only girl I talk to', just take off running then, because that's a lie," she said angrily.

Harry frowned. "Crap, I'm sorry, Gem. But you can definitely do better. Boys just suck sometimes-I know this not only because I have a penis, but also because Louis was seeing someone while he kissed me the day I came back."

Gemma spit out her fruit punch. "What?! Say you swear! I'll kill him!"

"Yeah, it's true, but he said they weren't exclusive-the guy was just a distraction to keep his mind off of me because he didn't know if he'd ever see me again. It honestly does make sense, and I believe him, but I didn't know how to feel about it. So I just dropped it, I didn't want to make a big deal out of nothing-I told him to cut the guy off if he's serious about us being together. And that was the end of it, really."

Gemma nodded, understanding. "I'm proud of you, little brother. You're not so little anymore though, huh?" She said with a sad smile. "...I didn't know if you'd ever come back from the military, either. We were all worried about you."

Harry sighed, looking down. "I know-I was scared, too. I have to admit that I'm kinda glad to be out. I'm only 19, I still want a lot for my life. I wanna travel, and get a good job that I'm passionate about, then become a husband, and a dad one day. So I guess it's really one of those blessing in disguise things that I got discharged."