Chapter Thirty

Hey friends! New update~

DISCLAIMER- I own nothing but the plot and am not affiliated with one direction, their friends, family, or management in any way.

Before I start, this chapter is going to be a BIG time skip-all the way to their senior year, because there's not really a point on prolonging their junior year because nothing exciting really happens, haha. So they're on the road to graduating!

---

"Can you believe there's only 90 days until we're done with this place forever?" Louis asked.

Harry raised an eyebrow. "What?? You counted?"

"Well, duh. I mean, I just can't wait to be done with high school-it seems so crazy that we're going to be graduating soon." The blue eyed boy sighed both in relief and a bit of anxiousness.

There were a lot of choices to be made about the future and while it was exciting, it was also quite scary at the same time.

Harry knew what he wanted to do with his future, but he couldn't tell Louis. Not yet. The boy was already stressed out about other things, so to lay down the fact that Harry Edward Styles wanted to join the military was about five thousand percent out of the question right now.

As for Louis, he was still a bit unsure about his future-and that's what made him nervous. It seemed like everyone else had their lives and plans mapped out perfectly, except for him.

"..There's not much time left until graduation and I don't even know what I want to do with my life!" He'd remembered confessing to Amy about a month and a half ago.

His best friend had just sighed, shaking her head and giving him a comforting hug, promising everything was going to be okay. That was easy for her to say-she'd been accepted into Harvard, all the way in the U.S.!

"So I guess you're gonna be a kick ass, high and mighty rich lawyer while I'm just a bum, yeah?" Louis frowned.

"Don't say that! There's tons of options out there for you! You don't have to know what you want right now; a lot of people don't and they turn out just fine. Just stop getting so worked up and try to figure something out. Look at your passions and stuff you're interested in, then go from there. No one is ever one hundred percent certain about their future-even though they'll lie and say they are, but you're my best friend and I know you can do something with your life! You're a total doofus, but I have faith in you."

Louis tried to take her advice and had been doing tons of research on what colleges he could possibly attend-even though he started way later than he should've-and luckily found a few things that suited his fancy, mainly in comic book design or video game layout.

He was still terrified about everything, but knowing that he was the only one in control of his future and his own life made him a bit at ease.

Louis was a smart guy-an honor roll student, and he'd kept a steady job for about two and a half years, so going to college would just be another obstacle-but a journey at the same time.

"I can do it, I can do it, I can do it," he told himself at least fifty seven times.

So that night, he applied to fifteen different universities, and hoped for the best.

---

A few days later, there were some things Louis and Harry needed to talk about, so the blue eyed boy invited his boyfriend over.

"Don't tell me you're pregnant," Harry joked, trying to lighten the tension in the air.

Louis rolled his eyes. "Very funny." He was sitting on the couch across from his boyfriend, heart beating like a rabbit on steroids.