(Bleach)-Rukia Kuchiki: You Promised.

It was a surprisingly quiet day at the Seireitei Y/N layed on the ground upon a hill gazing at the sky when a shadow covered over him.

Rukia: "Lazying around again, when you should be training."

Y/N: "I've been training all week, it's too beautiful of a day to waste and not relax a bit."

Rukia: "Byakuya is going to kill you."

Y/N: "Meah I know how to butter him up so I think I'll live."

He stuck out his hand to her.

Y/N: "Come join me, I could use the company."

She tilted her head then sighed, taking his hand she layed down next to him their fingers interlocking.

Y/N: "See it's nice to relax once in a while."

Rukia: "I relax."

He turned his head giving her a look.

Rukia: "What I do."

He faced the sky once more.

A few moments of comfortable silence overtook them before he spoke again.

Y/N: "Aaah it's so peaceful today. If only this could last. Just being with you calms me."

Rukia: "I feel the same, shame it can't last."

Y/N: "All the more reason to enjoy moments like these as they come. Which reminds me."

He pulled out a thorned rose and handed it to her.

Rukia: "How sweet, but why the rose? There's nothing special that I missed is there?"

Y/N: "No just something I wanted to give you. When I saw it I couldn't help but think of the world we lived in, just like this rose it has so many thorns yet  at the very top of it you can always find a beautiful flower."

She frowned at him resisting the urge to laugh at the cheesy comment.

Rukia: "When did you become such a philosopher."

Y/N: "Right now I guess."

She laughed then rolled herself onto her stomach leaning against Y/N. She brushed his hair from his forehead.

Y/N: "Such a wonderful view."

She smiled until Y/N pushed her head slightly to the side saying.

Y/N: "Of that bird right there parched on the tree."

She looked at him with an angry pout that started to hit him hard.

Y/N: "Ow ow ow, kidding I was just kidding."

He caught her arms and pulled her in laughing.

Y/N: "I was kidding, of course, I meant you, there's no more beautiful a sight than you."

He placed his hand against her cheek rubbing just by her ear with his thumb. She looked at him for a moment then leaned down to kiss him. Their lips touched for a moment before she leaned her forehead against his.

Rukia: "Promise me, promise me that you will never leave me and always be by my side."

Y/N: "Of course I will."

He pulled her in for another kiss.

Time skip.

She stood in the pouring rain, her hair and clothes drenched with water. She held a single rose with a tight grip it's thorns pierced her hand as blood ran down its stem. She had not noticed the pain as she was too distraught with grief.

Rukia: "Dame you, dame you Y/N you promised, you promised me, so why? Why did you have to go and do this."

Her tears were masked by the rain that fell upon her face as she placed the rose on top of the gravestone that belonged to Y/N. After hours of standing there, she finally turned and walked away despite the pain tugging at her heart to stay.

A.N(At first it was going to be happening ending, but then the last bit popped into my head and I thought yes I have to do that. Besides I've written so many others with happy endings I have to give you a few sad ones here and there.)