(Reincarnated As A Sword)-Amanda: A New Orphan.

I was walking through the dense forest doing a routine patrol when I could sense someone stalking me, I kept a good grip on my twin short swords when I heard a child scream coming from behind me towards the village, I ignored the other being and bolted towards the scream, two of the younger orphan's that I look after were backed up against a tree surrounded by goblins. I drew both my blades darting towards the nearest one, crossing my swords I separated its head from its body, the next one I sliced in two, diagonally, from top to bottom. One of them launched a cross bolt at me I deflected it with ease then tossed my one blade at it piercing it in the head. The one next to it fell back in fear but I dashed the stabbed it in the throat. I was amazed that the last one did not run away but somehow mustered the courage to throw a spear at me while my back was turned, luckily I had fast reflexes, I caught it from behind then spun sending it flying back towards the goblin impaling it.

Kayden: "That was awesome Y/N!"

The elven boy only 11 years of age jumped up with excitement, I stood up slowly turned around, and looked at them a strong red aura of anger surrounded me. Julie the human girl 9 years hid behind her foster brother. They both backed away nervously as I approached when I reached them I knelt then with a stern but even voice I spoke to them.

Y/N: "What have I told you about following me?"

Kayden: "Not to do it."

He dropped his head moping, I gestured to the mess before them.

Y/N: "Do you see now why I tell you not to? It is dangerous."

Kayden: "But Y/N we want to become as strong as you and we can't do that staying at home."

Julie jumped out swinging her arm around with an imaginary sword.

Julie: "Yeah we want to become adventurer's like you, fighting monsters, slaying dragons, and kicking bad guy's asses."

She turned to me looking down pouting with her big brown eyes, pushing her fingers together and playing with her feet.

Julie: "You know like those stories you always tell us."

Sooooo cute! She was absolutely adorable, she was trying to butter me up so I wouldn't be so mad, the worst part of it was I knew it was a trick, and it worked every dame time. I placed my hand over my face looking down with a deep and heavy sigh softening my voice.

Y/N: "You are still too young and you could have gotten hurt, what if one of the babies followed you and you didn't realize, you could have placed one of them in danger."

I raised my head to look at them.

Y/N: "How do you think you would have felt if someone had happened to one of the babies? How do you think the others would have felt if something happened to you?"

They both avoided eye contact and said in unison.

Julie & Kayden: "Very sad."

Y/N: "Yes they would and so would I. So are you going to follow me again and risk dying again?"

Julie & Kayden: "No."

Y/N: "Pinky promise."

I stuck out my pinky, and they both wrapped thier little fingers around mine.

Julie & Kayden: "Pinky promise."

Y/N: "Good, I'm going to trust you ok besides you need proper training before you can do something like this."

Kayden: "Then teach us."

Julie: "Yeah teach us, teach us."

I chuckled at them.