Chapter 14

" Are you tired Baby? " Minho questioned as he sat beside the bored girl in one of the practice rooms in JYP building. They were waiting for Chan and Manager seon to finish the meeting with the parents and possibly return with good news.

While other members were busy doing their work, Minho decided to take a break from his dance practice and sit beside Sarang who had filled the 50 pages coloring book already.

" When would daddy be done? I'm sooo bored. " Sarang pouted as she looked at Minho with tired eyes.

Minho looked at the clock on the wall to see that it was more than 2 hours since the meeting started and looked at Sarang.
" I'm sure they'll be done soon. Don't you miss your parents? We are doing this for you. "

" Am I a burden to you all? " Her voice cracked as immense sadness filled her eyes and Minho almost had a panic attack while refusing the question furiously.

" NO NO NO! Of course not sarangie! We all love you with all our heart! You're not a burden to us! "

" But then why are you trying to send me away? " She looked down at her lap while fiddling with her fingers with a pout.

Not knowing what to say or do anymore Minho stood up causing Sarang to look up at him in confusion.

" Do you wanna see something pretty? " He questioned with a smile and once Sarang nodded, he crouched down near the sofa Sarang was sitting at, turning his back towards her and tapped his shoulders.

" Hop on. " And Sarang smiled wide while wrapping her little arms around his shoulders.

" Piggy back ride! Let's goo! " She giggled in happiness and Minho returned the smile.

" As you wish princess. "

They took the elevator and Minho pressed the topmost floor. Once the elevator dinged they entered the lobby just outside the rooftop and as soon as Minho pushed the door open with his legs, Sarang gasped.

" Wow! It's so pretty! " She looked around the rooftop converted into a small garden and immediately hopped down from Minho's back.

As soon as her tiny feet touched the ground, she was running away into the grass bushes with happy cheers and giggles.

" Min-Min Look! It's a butterfly! " She squealed as her tiny hand held onto Minho's own and dragged him towards a flower bush where a pretty white butterfly was fluttering around.

" It soo tinyy and prettyy. " She cooed with her hands on her cheeks as her eyes sparkled in amusement.

Though she was smarter for her age, Minho realised she was still a child as she excitedly glanced around the garden.

" Hey Sarangie. Wanna play tag? " Minho questioned with a hearty smile and Sarang nodded furiously.

" You're it! " She squeaked, running away while laughing freely and Minho was hit with the fact that once they find Sarang's parents maybe they won't get to hear the excited squeals, happy giggles and adorable laughs.

He shook his head. Now's not the time to get emotional, he reminded himself and ran towards Sarang to catch her while sporting a grin himself.

.

" So? Found anything? " Changbin questioned as soon as Chan entered the studio the members were packed in, waiting for any news from the leader who just sighed.

" Nothing. No one had any legitimate proof that Sarang was their child. " Chan massaged his temple while Felix immediately gave up his seat to the older member and settled on massaging the leader's stiff shoulders.

Chan muttered a grateful thank you and relaxed on the chair with a content sigh.

" Not even one? Thats odd. " Hyunjin mumbled.

" What about the police investigation? " Seungmin questioned while Chan shook his head with closed eyes.

" They were hoping to get some clues from this meeting but nothing. They are hoping to talk with Sarang next. "

Minho immediately perked up at that. " But you know Sarang is shy and doesn't do well around strangers. How can we leave her around a bunch of strangers alone? "

" You sound like a mother Min. " Jisung laughed to himself and Chan hummed.

" Don't worry Minho. They are gonna call a child specialist officer so she'll make sure to make Sarang feel comfortable. "

Though Minho was a bit reluctant, he still nodded since their reliable leader said so.

" So we can go home now? " Sarang who was sitting quietly in Changbin's lap until now perked up and Chan nodded after a sigh.

" Let's go. I seriously need a warm bath. " Seungmin stretched.

" Maybe after me. " Hyunjin called as he had already dashed towards the door.

" Not in a million years. Hwang Hyunjin! " Seungmin ran behind him and Changbin called in the hallway they have ran off to.

" Why not just take a shower together? "

" Shut up bin! " They both called out from around the corner they have disappeared off to and Changbin chuckled.

" What do you want for dinner Sarang? I can make anything for you. " Minho questioned while holding Sarang's tiny hand that he had started to love due to how cute and small it was.

" Tteokbokki! " Jisung exclaimed in baby's voice while holding onto Sarang's other hand and Minho only gave him a deadpanned look.

" I asked Sarang. You aren't Sarang. "

" No. But I'm Jisung. So you'll make tteokbokki right? " Jisung gave cat eyes to him and Minho had no option but to sigh and nod.

" Fine. What else Sarang? "

" Kitty! "

" What? " Both Minho and Jisung exclaimed causing Sarang to point towards a bush they were walking by.

" I saw a kitty! It was cute and tiny! "

" Just like you? " Jisung questioned and Sarang nodded with a happy smile.

" Just like me! "

" Anyone wants ice cream? My treat. " It was changbin who said that and immediately the kids cheered.

" I want butterscotch! "

" Me vanilla! "

" Strawberry! "

" Mint chocolate for me! "

" I want.. uh.. " Sarang stopped to think of the flavour she wanted to eat while Changbin patiently waited infront of her.
" Maybe.. I don't know. I want to eat all. "

Jeongin giggled at her answer and replied. " Then you can have a bite from everyone's. That way you'll be able to eat all. "

And Sarang nodded happily at the brilliant idea.

" Okay then, you all go ahead. I'll bring our ice creams from the nearby store. " Changbin started walking towards different direction from where their dorm was situated at and Sarang immediately called him.

" Wait binnie! " She let go of Minho's and Jisung's hand and made them hold each other's hand before running towards Changbin waiting a few feets away from her.
" I'll come with you! "

Changbin chuckled as soon as Sarang looped her fingers with his and he raised his other hand for an high five.

" I taught you well sarangie. "

And they both giggled to themselves while walking towards the convenience store.

.⋆☂˚。1129 。˚☂⋆.
Double update bcuz I finally wrote the ending phew 🤧

231120