Chapter 17

" Thank you for taking care of Sarang and sorry for the trouble she may have caused. " Mrs. Kwon bowed in gratitude towards the manager and skz who only looked at her in embarassment.

" Please don't mention it. Having Sarang around always cheered us up. " Chan said with a chuckle while hiding the sadness in his heart.

" She surely is a ball of happiness. " Mr. Kwon agreed as he patted the little girl's head who was standing beside him while her eyes were fixed on a gloomy looking Moonbi, standing at a corner of the living room.

" We are gonna miss her. " It was Jeongin who voiced his thought with a sad pout.

" What about a goodbye hug Sarangie? " Felix questioned and that snapped Sarang out of her stare and she immediately nodded with a small smile as she waddled towards him.

Felix almost bursted into uwus as soon as Sarang wrapped her small arms around his shoulders and he pouted more as he realised it maybe the last hug he'll receive from the little girl.

" What about us? " Minho questioned as he gestured towards the remaining members looking at her in sad frowns and pouts while Changbin looked almost teary.

She turned towards Chan who immediately shook his head. " Nah. You should give your own hug to all of them. "

" I was asking you to hug me first silly. As older men first?  " Sarang answered in a weak voice as if she was also sad of their parting.

Chan chuckled at her teasing. Seungmin taught her well, he thought and leaned down to scoop her in her arms.
" I'll miss you kiddo. "

" I'll miss you too daddy. " She whispered as she hugged him tightly.

" Now come here you all big kids. " Sarang exclaimed as she giggled when Chan put her down. The kids quarrelled to know who would hug Sarang first and after playing rock paper scissors, everyone hugged her one by one when they won.

" I'll miss telling you stories at night. " Minho sighed as he clutched the girl close to him.

" I'll miss you too min-min. " Sarang said and leaned away a bit. " So how about you give me dori so that I miss you less? "

Minho chuckled in suprise and shook his head with a smile. " Fine wait here. "

Everyone watched in utter disbelief when Minho came back from his room with a cat plushie in his hand. " Take care of him okay? "

Sarang nodded vigorously and everyone worried that her head might snap from how excitedly she nodded.

" Yuri baby? Let's go? We are waiting. " Mrs. Kwon gently reminded causing Sarang to nod. She looked at Manager seon and gestured his to lean down which he did. He gasped in surprise once Sarang wrapped him in a small hug and whispered.

" Say Danbi thank you for her clothes and sorry because I accidentally spilled some juice on it. " She gave a guilty smile once she leaned away causing Manager nim to chuckle and ruffle her hair in adoration.

" Don't worry Sarang. They're your clothes now. "

Sarang only nodded and glanced around the room for the last time as she walked forward to let Mr. Kwon hold her small hand.

" Once again thank you. And we'll take our leave. " Mrs. Kwon nodded at the manager and Chan as the couple started to leave. Moonbi who watched for the whole time bit her lips as her eyes continued to water endlessly.

She whimpered as she sniffled and watched as Sarang refused to look at her when Mrs kwon tied her shoes.

" Let's go. " Mrs kwon straightened Sarang's clothes as she stood up with a smile and walked towards the door.

Mr. Kwon bowed towards the others for the last time before following her wife towards the exit but before they could reach the door, a huffing Mrs. Yoo stood there with wide eyes.

" Leave my grandchild alone Sera! " Almost everyone's eyes widened hearing her words. Moonbi who was near the door immediately walked towards Mrs. Yoo and held her shoulder while stuttering out,

" M-Maa, pl-please tell them! That Yu-Yuri is my child! Please don't let Noo-Noona take her away! " She hiccuped between her sobs as she shook older Mrs. Yoo's shoulder.

" What the hell is happening? " Manager seon yelled out in frustration. Who the hell is Sarang's real parent!?

" I'm sorry for intruding but Yuri is my grandchild and Moonbi is her real parent. " Mrs. Yoo said clearly once again.

" Mrs. Yoo? This doesn't make any sense. " Hyunjin let out in confusion as he stared at the familiar older lady.

" I was the one who left Sarang at your doorstep. " She let out and was met with silence that urged her to continue.
" My daughter Moonbi and her husband, Sunghoon were barely adults when they had Yuri. They loved each other and got married despite me and Sera, my other daughter being against it because Sunghoon was poor with figure skating as his passion. His passion couldn't bring enough money to them as the small family of three struggled to provide for their new born child, Yuri. She was frequently sick due to her weak immune system and it started taking a toll on Moonbi.

Not being able to see my child suffering, I reached Sunghoon and offered to take care of Yuri and Moonbi. Not having any choice he agreed and let them stay in my house downstairs for an year. Yuri's condition visibily improved and Moonbi was slowly starting to gain life, however she started seeking her husband again.

She wanted to leave and go live with her husband and child again. I couldn't let her leave again to live in that miserable life so to ground her, I took Yuri with me one day when Moonbi was sleeping and left her at your doorstep. I knew you all were kind souls and would be able to take care of her. " She paused and looked at the shocked faces of the males in the room and she particularly avoided her youngest daughter's betrayed look.

" When Moonbi woke up, she tried to search for Yuri. I told her we'll find her soon and pretended to place a police report. While I gave Sunghoon time to find a stable job and better his life situation. I told him that I'll let his wife and child return once he was well settled. For the time being I thought you all will be able to take care of my granddaughter. Though I was stupid and never realised that you all were busy with you life too. And when I saw the vlog I panicked that Moonbi would see it and would come knocking on your door to take her child so I called my older daughter, Sera from Thailand and asked her to claim Yuri as her child and planned to return Yuri once Sunghoon was ready to take his family back. "
She then turned towards her youngest with guilty eyes.

" I'm sorry My child. Please forgive me because I was blinded by my motherly worry for you that I didn't hesitate to take your child away. I'm sorry. "

.⋆☂˚。1194 。˚☂⋆.
Dun dun
231125