Girlfriend and Boyfriend? - Part 21

The song was what was playing as i started this chapter, thats it's only relevance :/

A few weeks later, Draco's POV:

It had been an amazing last few weeks. Ever since the Hogwarts Party, i had spent way more time with Hermione. She was at the manor nearly every other day.
Currently, she was laying on my lap as i ran my hands through her hair. She was peacefully laying there, her phone in her hand as she seemed to be reading text messages. I didn't mind, i just liked having her around.

"Draco?" She said softly, i could never get tired of her voice

"Yes love?" I asked her

"What happened with Pansy and Blaise the other week?" She asked, looking up at me. I hadn't spoken about it since the afternoon i met the boys to discuss Pansy's trial.

I stayed silent for a moment before answering her. "It's nothing to worry about love, Pansy just causing trouble thats all" i said with a smile as i pushed her hair behind her ear. She looked up at me with a look i knew too well. She was trying to read my mind. She did it all the time. Fortunately for me, she wasn't very good at it. She gave up and rested her head comfortably in my lap again.

We stayed like that for a while, enjoying the silence and comfort of each other's presence until the silence was broken.

"Time to go!" Lexi shouted as she ran into my room, climbing up onto my bed and jumping on top of Hermione, making her laugh. We had agreed to take Lexi to the park this afternoon, and ever since Hermione had taught her to read the clocks there was really no escaping the times we gave her.
Hermione lifted Lexi up into the air, both of them laughing happily.

"Yes okay, time to go. Go get your shoes on" I told her as i took her from Hermione and set her down on the floor.

She looked up at me, placing her hands on her hips.
"You first!" She said sternly. She's been hanging out with Hermione too much, so stubborn.
Hermione sat up on my bed, reaching for her shoes from the floor and putting them back on. This allowed me to get up and grab some shoes from my closet. I sat on my sofa, putting them on as Lexi watched me leaning on my leg.

——————————————————

Hermione's POV:
It had been amazing. Getting closer to Draco was so different to what I anticipated it to be. There was more to him that I originally thought.

I was sat on his bed, putting my shoes on when i looked up. He was sat on his sofa, just across from me, tying his shoes as his sister Lexi leaned on his leg. I loved that sight. Seeing Draco with Lexi always sent butterflies into my stomach, it gave me baby fever in some ways.

He was there, just tying his shoes whilst talking softly to this little girl who was leaning all over his thighs. Yet, this didn't phase him. Draco never seemed challenges by Lexi's natural inconveniences as a child. He'll make an amazing father one day.

"Granger. Hellloo. Earth to granger" Draco's voice began to cut into my thoughts. I blinked a couple times before noticing he was smirking as he looked back at me.

"Hmm, sorry. I spaced out" I told him as i pushed my hair off my shoulders and stood up. Draco lifted Lexi up effortlessly and carried her in one of his arms over to me.

"Yeah, sure you were" Draco said smugly as he kissed my lips briefly.
"Come on then girls, to the park!" Draco announced doing a superhero pose before rushing out his room with Lexi giggling her head off. I laughed as i followed them both out the room.

——————————————————

Draco's POV:

As we arrived at the park, Lexi ran towards the play area. She climbed straight up, making a be-line for the slide. I walked beside Hermione, my hand around her waist as we watched Lexi. She shouted excitedly as she went down the slide, before running back to us.