Basketflower (Basketball x Robot Flower)

Before I rate this ship, I would just like to say that I'm surprised I managed to get a sole 2 comments from the same exact person on the last chapter, obviously showing support for this filler book, and I would just like to say thank you. I didn't expect to get 44 views with only 2 actual chapters (excluding the first one). It's nothing major, but I'm still happy about it.

And yes, I'm still using that same image for ideas on ships, which means that absolutely nobody recommended this ship. Depression at its finest. Please guys, if you have any ships to recommend for this book, go do it. I will gladly accept them.

Also please ignore the banner for this chapter. If you couldn't tell, I like to use random images for the banners of chapters in my books, even if the chapter is extremely gruesome or heart breaking (were not to that point yet, that'll be in Unified Pigments, oops, spoiler!). If you can't see it, it's some trippy meme of some guy in a car with a female Minecraft character who has Herobrine eyes in the window. Nothing special.

Sorry for ranting for a hundred words, it's usually just to get things I need to say off about this chapter/book as a whole and to fill up word space.

Now onto the actual rating, I'd have to rate this ship a 9/10. The reason why I gave it that rating is because it's obviously shown that these two care about eachother, as Basketball is shown to be the only one who even has empathy towards Robot Flower of sorts and vice versa. This is proven to happen multiple times throughout the series, such as BFB 15 where Robot Flower wins her team the challenge because she realizes that Basketball is the only one who can fix her, looking back onto BFB 7, after being submerged in lava. And also 1 point off because I'm not all that crazy about this ship, and I'm not screaming at it like it's my OTP. **COUGH COUGH SUNTITLED WITH STAPOLDY**

While this might not seem like much, it's pretty major for the ship (and character interaction, most importantly). I'm assuming that this was also the same reason on why Robot Flower stuck with Basketball in TPOT, as once again, Basketball is the only one who cares about her, as she did state that in TPOT 7. aLsO did you guys not see how Robot Flower praised Basketball for sticking up to Golf Ball in TPOT 1? Yeah, it's not anything special, but yeah. What.

Also, speaking of TPOT 7, at the start of the episode when Robot Flower was left to be soaked by Teardrop's weird cloud version (I don't know how that even happened) with nobody saving her, Basketball started the intro by screaming at her surroundings that Robot Flower was hurting. A bit later on in the episode, when Basketball saved Robot Flower just in time from her being trenched in water, Robot Flower rambles about how nobody cares about her and that she just wishes she could be like Flower. Basketball tries to be as supportive as she can towards this idea, and it manages to go through the wrong way because of how much Robot Flower begged her and then got too excited.

Remember that Basketball specifically only introduced Robot Flower to her aboveground "factory" first out of everybody to study her more. At first, this was forced, but later on, just like in TPOT 7, she bought her in there to work on her specifically requested by Robot Flower. Sometimes both. Just depends on the episode's plot. This is off topic, but I don't know how other teams found out about Basketball's factory, since it's in the hotel and the contestants have barely even been in there.

This chapter is extremely out of order, unlike the last two, as I'm now talking about TPOT 5, but in TPOT 5, when Robot Flower was successfully manipulated by TV, Basketball seems to get frustrated at Robot Flower for falling for TV's tricks, but that's only because Basketball only wants to help her. And also, how she did in fact recommend for Robot Flower to "hAnG" with TV, but that was because she didn't know and didn't want Robot Flower to get angry.

Okay this entire chapter was just based off of them caring for each other, but that's still a very good quality to have in a relationship, platonic or romantic.

I'm pretty interested in what these two could have potential for, and if one of them gets eliminated in the middle of their arc (COUGH COUGH CLOCK), then I'm leaving the fandom.