Epilogue- FATE(1)

Your heart had been beating fast ever since the morning. Having a little to no lunch didn't do justice to your stomach either.

The letters of the script kept puzzling in your poor vision due to your hiked up nervous system. Slowly the words were losing it's meaning. Hearing the chaos outside didn't help the anxiety you were desperately trying to fight.

Familiar hands wrapped around your waist and instantly you were pulled out of the inner battle that you had been facing for the past two weeks.

"I promised to be with you through thick and thin sweetheart,you have nothing to fear." The deep baritone of his voice soothes you with reassurance. He was calmly holding you in his arms in the small space of the backstage,his soft breaths helped yours uneven ones. His presence itself was a promise of an eternity of trust and beliefs.

Your hands slowly rested on his interlocked ones,"The project turned out splendid Taehyung,I fear my presentation might ruin it's true image."

"And what is it's true image?" He asked as his velvety voice caressed your ear. The low octave of his voice never fails to ignite a fire within you even after all these months.

You cleared your throat and rolled your eyes to not let this man get the satisfaction of affecting you no matter what the situation calls for.

"Taehyung you know it better than anyone." you shrugged.

"And that's where you're wrong,sweetheart." He chuckled as you gave him a confused look.

"The project's image is you love. How can you give yourself less credit after proposing as splendid idea as this which is now brought to a success by everyone including you?" His voice held a hint of incredulity.

You sighed,"Taehyung,it's just as you said,everyone's contribution made it successful. As much as building it was important,the presentation too will hold meaning to it,one mistake or waver in the voice and the project will be portrayed as one which doesn't hold the confidence of its builders."

"God,your overthinking abilities never fails to amuse me," he turned you to face him as his eyes held absolute incredulity, "You're once again avoiding the truth,the project's image is you. You are the soul of 'FATE'"his eyes held respect as he emphasised the name of the game.

Getting no response from you but blinks after blinks,he continued as he held your shoulder firmly,looking at your eyes,"You know what made me fall for you the most?"

You chuckled at that,"This is not the time for confe-"

You were taken a back by the sudden chaste kiss he placed on your lips,"It's your beautiful imagination."

"In a competitive world of games coming up with an idea as meaningful and advanced at the same time is rare. My employees are innovative and thrive for brand new success but among them,you my love is the rarest gem," he smiled softly watching your lips curve up slowly as he continued,"You proposed the idea in-front of the prestigious company which includes the CEO as passionate as you. I liked your confidence which made your proposal ten times stronger than it already was. And when you gave me a vivid heads up of the key of the project I was amazed over how you came up with it." He breathed out,"So Y/N why not just say what you originally planned before the start of the project?"

Upon hearing him you could only exhale as you gave him a 'i know you would do this' smile as he grinned.

"I mean hear I am jumping internally over how I'll be standing on the same stage as my secret girlfriend,beside you,eye to eye,hand to hand,mouth to-"

''Kim Taehyung.''

''Okay maybe not the hand and mouth but still it feels like I'm getting engaged." His boyish grin melted your glare in a swish.