Slippy's aftermath and a Hero's journey

Fionna, Cake, and the Bravest Warriors had left early in the morning to visit Slippy Napkins. Fionna had offered Mono the choice to join them, but he ultimately refused since he had meetings with certain allies.

Shortly after that, he returns to the base void of any warriors. Then he hears the front door opening and sees Fionna, Beth, Chris, Danny, Wallow, and Cake come up, the last three wearing some weird-looking makeup.

What caught his attention was the horrified expression on their faces as they slowly walked down the hallway to their rooms, Monochromacorn seeing the stress meter up to the yellow, speaks up not looking up from the book.

"Something happened, and I imagine not in a fun way... Am I assuming correctly?"

Cake looks at him, and Fionna faces the entrance not even facing him.

Mono puts the book down and gets up getting two glasses of water for them handing them to Cake as Fionna didn't try to grab it.

"You wanna talk about it?"

In the next moment, the threat meter jumps to red, bracing for the impact Mono doesn't dodge the punch that Fionna throws at him causing him to stagger.

Fionna: "Why weren't you there?!"

Cake looks at Fionna with a saddened look in her eyes putting down the water on a nearby counter. Fionna throws more punches all of them staggering him with no attempt to fight back being made.

"You could have helped us! Tell us that stupid fruit would've done that! What kind of hero are you!!?" Fionna throws a heavy punch sending you into the wall.

Cake runs up to Fionna hugging her as she collapses to her knees, tears pricking her eyes. Danny walks up to the two kneeling down as they look at him.

He gently leads them over to the booth table sitting them down, grabbing the water glasses and giving them to them, going over to the other side to sit across from them.

"Tell me what happened."

After calming down, The team, Fionna and Cake all proceeded to explain how they took their friend Slippy on an adventure, she wanted to go on to find and eat something called the Crystal Apple. It was located in an evil forest and was protected by a crystal guardian. They said that when Slippy bit the apple she exploded.

"I'm sorry... for not being there to help."

"No... We can't force you to always come adventuring with us. You probably have a lot of junk going on in your life too." Cake rubs Fionna's back comforting her, Fionna puts her head down feeling guilty.

Mono: "I would believe she's alive."

Cake and Wallow give him a dirty look. "Now isn't the time for joking horn-boy." Cake said.

"Who said I was, from everything I've seen in my life this event has happened with your parallel others, except this was with a little elephant and she turned out to be alive."

Cake thinks about it for a minute, concluding that he's right but that news still doesn't cheer up Fionna.

Fionna: "Glob, I fail to protect Slippy then I go blaming the only other donkin Enity I know for something he didn't do... I'm the worst hero ever..."

Cake: "Fionna, you're being too hard on yourself..."

Mono: "How about we find out tomorrow then?"

Fionna picks her head up. "Wha?"

Mono pulls out a note and reads it aloud. "You need to start checking your mail. "Dear Fionna and Cake, we have heard of your heroic deeds throughout the cosmos and would like to invite you to test your skill as a true hero, for the chance to obtain The Enchiridion, a hero's guidebook only for heroes whose hearts are righteous. Should you accept go to Mount Cragdor to face the trials that await and prove your worth and meet the minotaur guarding it. Signed Manisha Mann".