Chapter 1 - Arrival

I've always enjoyed Familiar of Zero but haven't taken a shot at writing a story about it, until now.

Most of this tale will be told from the perspective of Louise's familar in the first-person. The perspective will switch to other characters during important scenes and moments, however. Louise will be especially prominent in this regard.

Anyway, do enjoy!

uise bows her head deeply and clenches her open hands into closed fists. She shudders with frustration and a small tear rolls down her left cheek.

"I'm really very sorry, Headmaster Osmond. I-I didn't mean for this to happen, again..."

Osmond smiles and waves his hand. "Don't worry, Louise. This is not your fault. This is the fault of Professor Chevreuse for letting you perform the spell despite warnings. But the problem remains the same, a huge hole in the wall is there. What will we do, Colbert?"

The professor standing beside the headmaster adjusts his glasses and ponders the question for a moment.

"Well, headmaster, we can't afford to fix it, the funds are tight. Maybe we can make an excuse for it when some of our patrons next visit? Maybe some wild beast or some other reason?"

Louise lifts her head and dries her eyes. "N-No, you needn't do that. I-I'll write to my father and ask him to provide funds for the repairs. It's the least I could do."

She looks over at the large hole in the wall that her magic spell left from the window in the headmaster's office, and a few tears begin to flow again.

Osmond smiles and nods.

"Very well, Miss Valliere. You're free to go. Just do what you need to do."

Louise nods, sniffles, and heads out the door of the office, wiping her eyes.

"You did it again, Louise," the pink-haired girl reprimands herself.

Breathing in and out to steady herself, she starts down the wide stone spiral staircase leading from Headmaster Osmond's office to the castle's main connecting hall.

"Why do I always have such rotten luck? Why am I cursed to be so miserable?"

The young lady stalls halfway down the staircase when she sees Kirche, Tabitha, and Montmorency approaching.

"Oh no. This is just what I don't need right now..."

As Louise starts back up the stairs, trying to avoid her classmates, the other girls notice her.

Kirche chuckles wickedly and smirks at Louise. "So, what happened? Did they finally decide to expel you?"

Montmorency crosses her arms over her chest. "Well, if not that, they must have punished her somehow for the dreadful spectacle earlier today."

Kirche nods, her brownish-gold eyes shining. "So, Louise, what is it...?"

Louise frowns and stands her ground. "They aren't punishing me."

Kirche's smile grows wider.

"Oh really...? So, are you saying that they're rewarding you for such a spectacular display?"

Montmorency steps in front of her red-haired friend. "I would think not."

The two girls laugh whilst Tabitha quietly reads a book.

Louise glares at the blonde-haired girl and Kirche.

"I-I'll show the two of you! Tomorrow I'll summon the strongest familiar out of the whole school year. Then you'll be sorry you teased me like this!"