Chapter 4

"An eye for an eye."

Hope concluded with a smile playing at the corner of her lips.

"You need to change. And I'd suggest staying low for a day or two. Penelope is pure evil."

"I'm not scared of that pathetic little bitch.
She can try all she wants."

Hope and Josie talked on the way to Josie's room which was the closest to them, the brunette felt the obligation to give Hope a new pair of clothes considering her current state. She also managed to catch the tribrid by herself, which she knew wouldn't come easy otherwise.

"How did you know it was me? Who performed that spell I mean.."

"I heard your Dad and Dorian that night talking about a student being caught sneaking into the restricted section and reading up on black magic. When I saw what had happened to Penelope it wasn't hard to glue the pieces together. You went through a rough break up so.."

"I feel terrible about it, not the breaking the rules part..but getting you in trouble, you're being blamed for all of it while I'm just on the sidelines watching it all unfold."

"No need to feel guilty, Saltzman.
I've been through worse."

Josie offered a selection of clothes to the other girl, her eyebrows furrowed together and her lips created another one of her pouts. As if everyone hating Hope wasn't enough she had now put even more issues on her plate and she felt horrible for it.

"Pick what you like and leave the rest on a pile on my bed."

"Thanks, you didn't have to."

"Oh, I did."

Hope had already taken her top off when she caught the brunette starring openly. It's been a long time since it's been just the two of them together , having a civilized moment. It's been years since they were just little girls playing dress up in the Salvatore estate, a long forgotten memory. Now, things have changed. Both girls had blossomed into beautiful women, and with their bodies developed like that it felt strange and uncomfortable to expose the least amount of skin in front of each other.

"Okay, Josette? Some privacy, please?"

"Mhm, yeah! Sorry.. I'll go.."

Josie reversed and walked towards the door giving the Mikaelson some time to change, trying not to create more tension in the atmosphere than there was already. Her eyes had lingered on Hope's back too long and had noticed the small but traceable birthmark of a crescent moon she carried. She always thought it looked special, for some unusual reason.

"Didn't your mom have a similar mark?"

"She did."

"Do you miss her?"

"I don't like talking about my dead family."

Hope said abruptly and sounded offended, when in reality all she was trying to do was avoid being vulnerable for once. After she finished changing her clothes she walked towards the door where Josie was standing and apparently blocking the entrance with her body.