Chapter 8

"Just to get this clear.
You are jealous your ex was kissing Hope?
Josie do you still..."

"Have a crush on her?
Of course, who wouldn't?"

"This is news to me. I thought you grew out of your crush for Hope a long time ago."

"Never. I was just pretending I didn't care because she kept pushing me away. It was a coping mechanism.'

"I'm sorry but Hope doesn't deserve someone like you. I won't allow it in a million years."

"Today she..she looked like she was under some kind of spell of some sort."

"So what? Does that make what she did okay??"

"No, of course not."

"Penelope got her way, again. But this stops now. It has to."

"Okay, but let's leave Hope out of this, she's had enough."

"No, Hope is not off the hook just because she had a fucking tragic past. Stop making excuses for her."

"Imagine you had to go through what she did. She's not a superhuman, Lizzie.
She's struggling, even if she doesn't show it as much."

"How would you know? It's not like she's been exactly friendly with us."

"It's because she's afraid of being hurt again. Everyone she ever loved has either died or left her. I know she's looking for a way to let me in.."

"That's naive. Hope is no better than her father, she's not capable of loving. Look what he did to our mother."

"Our mother.."

Josie paused thinking back to the Mikaelson's words.

"Hope said something about studying..it involved our mom. She's investigating something with dad."

"How the hell did we not know about this?"

"Because dad is good at hiding things from us."

"It's been such a long time mom contacted us, that tells me something is wrong."

"But why is dad asking for Hope's help and not ours?"

"One more reason why we should despise her. See nothing ever good comes with Hope Mikaelson."

" I get it, Lizzie. "

Lizzie scrunched up her face and went back to her bed, crossing her arms she tried to rest but her mind was far too occupied thinking about her mother and having to stop her sister from potentially going after that one person she shouldn't.

Next morning, Alaric had called an urgent assembly before classes started as he had an announcement to make. Most of the students made their way promptly into the hall but others had to drag themselves out of bed at the last minute. Hope decided to sit far away from the familiar crowd, and ignore Ethan who was full on trying to explain himself after their eventful evening. He was rambling about how he thought he had bought a simple substance of weed like always but it turns out there was a portion mixed with a really heavy love spell and that's why he resulted in doing and saying some bold things.