Chapter 6

"That's not entirely true, and you know it.
You're just angry, Hope.
But so am I. The students of this school can't possibly believe that revenge is the best possible way to get back to you."

"Then I guess you undermine your students a lot."

"Well, I won't allow this."

Hope started walking towards the door, but Alaric immediately grabbed her hand stopping her.

"Where are you going??"

"To my room to change. And don't worry, I'll stay out of your way to give you some peace of mind. Looks like you've got your hands full with everything."

"No, you need to get treated for your wound first."

"It will heal, eventually.
It's not a big deal."

"Hope. Infarmary. Now."

The tribrid rolled her eyes, Hope didn't need Alaric playing father to her and she hated when he did. She did eventually end up in the infarmary as she didn't know a way to reverse Penelope's spell. She knocked lightly on the door, but it looked like the doctor was busy talking on the phone and not really bothering with her presence at all.

"Will you be long on that phone?"

The Mikaelson called out impatiently after waiting several minutes. She was tapping her foot on the floor, waiting for the man to finish what sounded like a quite unprofessional call.

"Excuse me.
Do you need something, young lady?"

"No, I just decided to come by the infarmary for absolutely no reason."

"I'll call you later, love.
Looks like I have some business to take care of. And it's an impatient one."

Ryan finally got off his phone, and came to face a impatient tribrid who was examining his office but most importantly reading up on his certificates hung on the wall, like she was assessing every detail about him.

"What seems to be the problem?"

"The students of this school."

Hope answered in a low voice while still occupied with reading up on Ryan.

"I'm pretty sure there's someone else assigned to deal with student issues.
May I remind you I am a.."

"Doctor. Yeah, it's quite clear what you are Mr. Clarke."

"And may I ask, who you are?"

"My name is Hope.
Hope Mikaelson."

"You are.."

"Klaus's daughter."

"I was hoping our paths would cross at some point."

Ryan's tone of voice showed a little bit of excitement, Hope couldn't justify it but she didn't care enough to question it either.