Chapter 9

Hope was once again restless, how could she not be after everything that happened today? She felt disgusted with herself for kissing her worst enemy, for being so gullible and trusting a boy she barely knew, for falling into a trap once again. And then there was Josie. That look on her face when she saw them kissing haunted her. The Saltzman twin had been the only person who, for once, tried being on her side after people had repeatedly betrayed her and left her. Whatever had urged Josie to stay by her side these last few days must be completely gone after today, Hope thought. Maybe she deserved to end up alone after all.

The next day the atmosphere felt different. The students were socializing with each other and everything seemed much more peaceful, almost as if it was too good to be true. Hope entered the hall where the final touches were being added to make it much more cozy for the movie later. While walking past the pack of werewolves Hope overheard them speaking.

"So did we seriously miss our practice last night because of this stupid event??"

"Yeah, and I say we show them that you don't mess with werewolves."

"What's on your mind, Jed?"

"Tonight. After everyone is asleep..we will attack the witches."

"What about the teachers? I don't think they'll sleep at all. Somebody has to keep watch of the students."

"We can slip sleeping pills into their coffees."

"That's a well thought out plan!
The witches are going down."

"Are you serious?
Alaric is making an effort to unite everyone and you're planning on attacking sleeping students?"

Hope stood in front of them and crossed her arms defensively.

"Why do you think you're entitled to an opinion, Mikaelson?"

"Because I'm a werewolf too. And I vote against this plan."

"Half a werewolf.."

Another girl adds.

"That's right, the other half of you is a witch so sorry sweetheart you are just as guilty as the rest of them."

"So what? You missed your practise on Friday. Did that make any difference? Don't think so."

"Are you challenging us, Mikaelson?"

"As much as I'd like to, I don't want to make any more enemies for myself."

"Yeah, the witches already hate her."

"I don't blame them, the girl is pathetic."

"You'll never fit in with us. I assure you, Mikaelson. Now go, before you make matters worse for yourself."

"I need to hear that you're cancelling this plan. Or else.."

"Or else what?"

Jed walked up right against the girl, their height difference should make the tribrid feel intimidated but Hope knew she held far more power than him.