Chapter 10

"I can't tell you that, I really can't."

"Then I can't forgive you."

"Josie.."

"Immobilus."

Josie used a spell to freeze Hope in place giving her a chance to walk away and once she was far enough she dropped the magic. She couldn't pretend she wasn't visibly upset after their conversation but tried her best to conceal it so her friends didn't start asking questions. Why was her heart beating so fucking fast, what was Hope holding back from her? Why were all those feelings coming back now? Hope was right. Josie didn't care about the movie, she didn't care about the movie at all. She wanted to mend her friendship with the Mikaelson, she wanted to trust her, she really did. But most of all, she wanted answers
Answers that Hope was not giving her.

Towards the end, the marathon of movies had knocked most students out and the majority of them were asleep. The tribrid however was very much alerted as being in a space where anyone could attack her at any given point didn't exactly help her relax one bit. Josie noticed how Hope was shifting and turning all night, as she couldn't sleep herself. The brunette was so used sleeping next to her sister that since Elizabeth decided to sleep next to one of the boys she liked for the night, her absence was keeping her away along with worrying about the auburn who was a few meters apart.

Finally, the brunette decided to do something about it instead of dwelling on her feelings. She grabbed a pillow and threw it over several people, luckily managing to nudge Hope and stir her awake in an instant. The Mikaelson jumped almost with a gasp and looked at the brunette whispering at her seemingly annoyed from the scare.

"What the hell, Saltzman?"

"Come here."

"What?"

"Come here!!"

Hope found the invitation strangely unfitting. After her last conversation with Josie she was certain the girl hated her all over again and would want nothing to do with her. However, sleeping next to her instead of the pack of werewolves seemed like less of a dangerous situation to be in, so she gave it a bit of consideration. Finally, she decided to move next to Josie, cautious not to wake anyone up that would question her decision.

"Hey there..."

The auburn laid her pillow in the empty space next to Josie's, and settled under her warm blanket speaking softly. The brunette looked tired, like she hadn't had any rest that night just like her and it was comforting to have someone like her.

"Are you okay?
You seemed restless."

"It's just that the wolves were planning an attack and I was trying to keep awake in case they decided to go through with it."

"An attack on who??"

"On witches."

"You were protecting us?"

"Why does that suprise you?"

"Because I wouldn't think you'd have a problem if Penelope was teared apart by a werewolf. Saves you the job actually, now that I think of it. They've caused you a lot of harm."