Chapter 13

"It's fine..just make it quick.
What do you want Josie?"

The brunette frowned with the other's coldness. Hope had gone back to being unapproachable like that night between them had never happened.

"I heard you're going into town tomorrow, with my dad. You're visiting mom, aren't you?"

"I'm not supposed to disclose such information, plus you have class in the morning.."

"Hope, it's my mom we are talking about!
And so do you!!"

"We will take care of it, Josie.
Nothing to worry about now if you could leave..."

"No! Something is going on and I'm going to find out what it is and there's nothing you can do to stop me."

"I don't think you'll be able to handle it, if you were to come with anyway."

"Should I remind you how I was the one who protected you and helped you when things went south?"

"And I'm thankful for that but.."

"You owe me!"

"I don't, actually.
I never asked for your help."

The auburn was ready to close the door, but the persistent brunette blocked it with her foot, and gave her a rather displeased look.

"Hope, please.."

Josie cleared her throat. She had to find a way to convince the tribrid, and seeing she was in a hurry to get back to her making out session Josie's desperation was through the roof.

"I'm sure you'd like to know if something was wrong with your own mother, wouldn't you?"

"I did, and she still died, Josie.
So there's that."

Hope said coldly, not expecting Josie to dive into that matter so openly and carelessly.

"Sorry I didn't mean to upset you.
You do see my point though, I want to see my mother."

"We are leaving at 7 in the morning."

Hope closed the door abruptly, and leaned her forehead against it for a couple of minutes as thoughts of her mother started flooding her mind. The reminder of her dead mother was a reality she had been trying to forget for the longest time, but now that Caroline was sick and her own life was on the line she feared that the twins would face that same reality too. The reality of their mother dying, it was simply too hard to bare again. Hope wanted to be there for them in case they had to face loss just like her, but at the same time she wanted to protect them from that possibility. She wanted to do anything to keep their mother alive.

"Everything alright, Hope?"

Landon placed a hand over the girl's back, rubbing it smoothly as he sensed the change in his mood.

"Yeah.
"I think you should go Landon."

Hope moved away, feeling a bit flustered with the unfamiliar touch, she wasn't used to letting people consolidate her.
She's always been the one to keep it together, so she wasn't going to change now jusr because of this attraction between her and the boy.