ARC ONE | Don't Blame a Daydreamer

"Welcome back, Host

"Welcome back, Host."

The monotonous female voice woke Naomi from her sleep. Eyes of gray slowly opened, long eyelashes fluttering like the soft tremble of butterfly wings.

The world was white. No matter where she looked, she could not spot a speck of color, giving it a rather calm but dull atmosphere. Eyebrows knitting, she realized with a confused frown that she was floating mid-air, her feet touching nothing solid beneath.

Contrary to other people's reactions, she wasn't alarmed. Rather, she only felt disoriented. It was as if the entire world shifted under her feet but left her unmoved, creating a sense of unease as the things surrounding her felt strange and familiar at the same time.

Opening her chapped lips, she asked through a dry throat, "Where am I?"

"After successfully completing the Eleventh circle, known as 'The Monster Duke Who Loved Me', you are now eligible to enter the Twelfth circle."

Naomi blinked her eyes, her head tilted, eyebrows furrowing. Eleventh circle? The Monster Duke Who Loved Me?

Suddenly, different scenes flashed through her mind. Like a dam breaking through, the memories rushed to her head as if it was water flooding everything in its vicinity, unapologetic and tremendous. Naomi could not do anything but allow herself to be drowned, heart lodged in her throat.

The Monster Duke Who Loved Me was a popular novel that centered around the love of the female lead, who was the precious princess of the empire. She was in love with the Crown Prince of the neighboring kingdom. However, at that time, the princess was engaged to the Duke of the empire—known as the Monster Duke of the North—which had caused a hindrance to her love for the Crown Prince.

The Duke's unsavory reputation led the princess to believe he was a cruel and ruthless man. From the very start, she had been opposed to her future marriage to him, so she didn't feel guilty when she fell helplessly in love at first sight with the Crown Prince. It wasn't long before the princess successfully broke her engagement with the Duke and married the Crown Prince instead, but her marriage to him was not a happy one.

Although the Crown Prince treated the princess with utmost kindness, so did he treat everyone else. Meaning: he never treated the princess with special regards, and only treated her with utmost courtesy one befitting a royalty. The worst part was the Crown Prince having countless of lovers despite being married. He didn't take an official mistress, but he constantly and shamelessly cheated on the princess to the point he caused many scandals throughout their marriage.

The princess was devastated when she found out about his infidelity and soon after, died of a broken heart, filled with nothing but regrets, sorrow, and vengeance. But then, to her surprise, she suddenly found herself waking up to the past after her death.

By some miracle, she had returned to the past, and with that, she gained the power to make things right in her second chance at life. During this time, she noticed the Duke's sincerity and love for her, and so, she chose to marry him instead.