Chapter 3

'I can say with all certainty I've only been in love with one person inmy entire life, and that person is Marianne Ridley

'I can say with all certainty I've only been in love with one person inmy entire life, and that person is Marianne Ridley. How can I not fall in love with her? She is easy to love and hard to forget. And with countless bastardssurrounding her, prowling around like a lion in heat, I know I have to make mymove. I can't afford to lose her. More importantly, I can't afford losing toothers.'

- An Excerpt from Don't Blame a Daydreamer, Rowen's POV

Truly, the villainess in this novel was just too pitiful

Truly, the villainess in this novel was just too pitiful. The author certainly didn't spare any kind feelings for her, in order to make Marianne stand out even more. Seeing the male lead barely able to suppress his anger and annoyance in front of her, made her all too aware of what they were capable of. She had to take care and be careful, for one wrong move could unravel every plan she made for this circle.

"What do you want?" Rowen asked quite rudely after seeing that she called for him, his lips twisted faintly into a sneer.

She didn't need to read his thoughts to know what he felt about her. His impression of her was reflected clearly in his eyes as he looked down at her.

The different treatment between a person who had a high favorability with her and a person who had a low favorability with her was still fascinating to witness. Rowen was also the first character she met who held a negative favorability with an Original.

Still, it was rather harsh, considering she hadn't done anything yet to earn his ire like this.

Naomi stopped short from touching him and stepped back with a shy tilt to her head, a healthy flush blossoming across her cheeks, looking much like a sunflower in a spring field. She knew she was a lovely vision of sun-stained skin and storm-like eyes, with sleek dark hair contrasting nicely against her pink petal-like lips. Other people certainly thought so. Rowen? Not so much.

"I..." She hesitated, before resolve urged her to continue, "I just missed you..."

Rowen sighed harshly at hearing her answer, shaking his head at her. "Unbelievable. You mean to say you're ruining my day just for your selfish reasons?" He didn't give her the time to retort. "What are you even doing here? Shouldn't you be at your class right now? Why don't you go do that instead of bothering me and wasting my goddamn time?"