Chapter 4

''Levi is a second favorite singer of mine, and I can't believe that I'm meeting him for the first time! Is this coincidence or is this fate? My heart can't help but leap faster as I look into his blue eyes

''Levi is a second favorite singer of mine, and I can't believe that I'm meeting him for the first time! Is this coincidence or is this fate? My heart can't help but leap faster as I look into his blue eyes. So blue, it could've been taken from the sky. This can't be just a coincidence. It had to be fate!'

- An Excerpt from Don't Blame a Daydreamer, Marianne's POV

Now that Naomi knew how to make Levi sing to her tune, she knew exactly what to do next

"You must think I'm so pathetic for crying like this, huh?" Naomi muttered in a quiet tone of voice, her shy gaze flitting to the ground, her hands fidgeting over her lap.

"No, no, no," Levi was quick to deny; a quick glance revealed he was waving his hands in the air, his blush receding. "No, I don't think you're pathetic at all! I'm sorry, but you know, a person like that honestly sounds like they don't deserve your love at all. It actually doesn't make any sense. You just loved them. So, why would they hate you?"

[LEVI'S IMPRESSION: No, why is she so nice for her own good? She didn't even do anything wrong! She only wanted their acknowledgement and love.]

Because Rowen is scum, she wanted to say, but didn't. She still had an image to maintain as the reputable 'good girl'.

"It's not his fault," she said instead with a tiny, demure shake of her head. When she looked up, she caught him with a wide, imploring gaze, holding him in place. "Just because I love him, doesn't mean he should love me back. It's... it's not his fault in the end, but mine. I have to take accountability for my own stupidity and my own broken heart."

Levi's brows furrowed, masking his fury with a tiny slip of pity. "I don't think you're stupid," he was quick to defend her. "You just happened to love the wrong person. That's all. It's not your fault either, you know? You're not to blame."

[LEVI'S IMPRESSION: Everyone knows she's in love with Rowen Kade. Did he reject her again? Is that why she's crying alone like this? I can't believe he would make her cry like this.]

Naomi blinked her eyes, leaning back in a moment of clarity. "You're right..." A brief chuckle slipped past her lips and for a moment, relief overcame heartbreak. "I just happened to love the wrong person."