Chapter 11

'"Stay away from Marianne," I warn Naomi, my entire body trembling in an effort to control my temper

She stares at me, her smile soft but her eyes glinting with steel.

Naomi Cunningham is not kind. She has never been, but she managed to fool everyone with her façade, even Marianne. Marianne whose sincerity can never reach Naomi's wretched soul. I have to protect Marianne from this evil.

"Or what, Rowen?" Naomi asks, voice sickeningly sweet.

I imagine this is what poison tastes like.'

- An Excerpt from Don't Blame a Daydreamer, Rowen's POV

Others would say it was karma, since the Original's true character was someone selfish, spoiled, and greedy, but then again, she hid all of it behind a kind and sweet façade

Others would say it was karma, since the Original's true character was someone selfish, spoiled, and greedy, but then again, she hid all of it behind a kind and sweet façade. She never truly tried to hurt anyone, until Marianne came along and stole what she deemed as hers. Not only had she lost a friend, she also lost the love of her life.

The Original found herself alone all of the sudden, not knowing where things went wrong, when she thought she did all the right things to make herself be loved by everyone else. In her quest to make herself be loved by the person she loved the most, she lost everything—even herself.

For the Original, her love for Rowen was the thin line preventing her from crossing into uncharted territory. He was the one thing pulling her back from the edge of insanity. When Rowen disappeared and left her behind—coupled with the fact she had been assaulted and traumatized—the Original couldn't help but step into that territory and do those despicable things.

It was the only thing she could do. What else could she had done? Her cruelty, anger, greed, hatred, loneliness, fearthose were the only things she had left. In her attempts to gain that one thing she desperately wanted, she lost everything.

"Oh my gosh! How can you say that to her?!" Marianne suddenly exclaimed at Rowen the moment she spotted Naomi's devastation, fury marring the spot between her brows. Her enraged eyes blazed like a forest fire, her agitation visible with the rigidity of her back and clenched fists. "Do you have no conscience at all? I mean look at her! At the very least, if you don't like her, there's no need to put her down like that!"