Chapter 14

'I've always been the type of girl who believes in fate rather than coincidence

When I stumbled on Luthor on my first week at Ignus Academy, I thought nothing of him aside from being a pretty stranger I would undoubtedly see again sometime. Before Rowen, I fancied the notion I would meet him again in a fated encounter, and we'd fall in love, get married, and have a happily-ever-after.

Now, meeting himagain after many years since that fateful encounter, and looking into his eyesthat burn with hatred, I wonder what happened to my pretty stranger.'

- An Excerpt from Don't Blame a Daydreamer, Marianne's POV

Everything Naomi did always had a purpose.

She wasn't the type of person who would aimlessly walk around a school campus without reason. It wasn't in her nature to stay idle. Why waste time when she could do something more productive?

Indeed, it wasn't a mere coincidence why Naomi came here when she knew this would be their first meeting, according to the novel. To be frank, she didn't think they would meet after the interference of the circle's consciousness earlier, however she also didn't want to pass up the opportunity if she was wrong.

And, what did you know? The circle was still following the contents of the novel.

Since there was no alert from the System, Naomi assumed the circle's consciousness remained inactive. It proved her theory correct: the circle's consciousness would only activate when it deemed the circle wasn't following after the original events of the novel; or at the very least, it would activate when it thought the main leads weren't getting as closer as they were in the novel.

"How come you're here?" Marianne asked, leaning her head closer to her, curls of spun sunlight rolling down her back in alluring waves. "I didn't know I would see you here. It's such my luck, right?"

[MARIANNE'S IMPRESSION: This feels so much like destiny! Not only did Naomi help me earlier this morning, but I also met her here! If it's not fate, what is? I have no doubt we'll become great friends to each other.]