Chapter 9

'The longer I stare at Naomi, the more I see she isn't as kind nor as compassionate as everyone thinks she is

I shiver as she smiles at me, attempting to return a small smile of my own. Because while she smiles, her eyes are so cold, it chilled me to the bone. And I start to wonder to myself, if Rowen's hatred of her is not as unreasonable as I think.

Maybe, there issomething in Naomi he's seen, that others failed to recognize, includingmyself.'

- An Excerpt from Don't Blame a Daydreamer, Louisa's POV

Golden sunlight streamed through the delicate French windows, casting a radiant glow all over the bedroom

Golden sunlight streamed through the delicate French windows, casting a radiant glow all over the bedroom. Long, billowing white curtains danced gently in the soft breeze, creating a serene atmosphere within the quiet space.

It should have been a morning of peace and serenity, a moment to savor the quietude. However, Naomi's tranquility was abruptly shattered as the intrusive and monotonous voice of the System reverberated in her ears.

"A notice has come in, Host," said the System. "The Female Lead (MARIANNE RIDLEY) has not met any of the love interests yesterday. Congratulations for your successful endeavor."

Her eyes promptly snapped open, a smile curling on her lips before it disappeared once she realized it was a warning from the System not to be complacent. It was still day two; she couldn't afford to relax, not now when so much was at stake.

The mattress under her back felt heavenly against her spine, urging her to close her eyes and spend a few minutes more in this paradise. If it weren't for the notice arriving, Naomi would've given in to this temptation. Unfortunately, time waited for no men, not even for female leads (funnily enough).

"Thank you. Any status about the other characters? The male lead or the second male lead, in particular? Maybe even Levi Lee? Do they know about Marianne?" Naomi asked as she slowly rose from the comfortable bed, before proceeding to cross the threshold towards her walk-in closet.

After all, even though Marianne hadn't met the other characters, there was a possibility they knew about her existence already. So, she had to make certain both sides were unaware of each other.