Chapter 1

'For the girlies who find themselves surrounded by frogs, waiting to find their prince

'For the girlies who find themselves surrounded by frogs, waiting to find their prince. It's a long road, but you'll get there.'

-        Dedication Note of the novel, Don't Blame a Daydreamer

Don't Blame a Daydreamer was a book about an ordinary school girl transferring to a prestigious academy, and subsequently capturing the attention of several love interests

Don't Blame a Daydreamer was a book about an ordinary school girl transferring to a prestigious academy, and subsequently capturing the attention of several love interests. It was a teen novel revolving around her life, as if her existence was the very center of the universe itself. It was a book other teenagers would've enjoyed, if they were the type to fantasize about the alluring life of the main character.

Naomi thought it was pretty tame at first, considering the other circles she visited before. However, she spoke too soon.

The second half of the novel suddenly took a drastic turn far from the established plot of the first half. It felt like a rollercoaster ride, where she had been taken to the highest peak, before sharply dropping straight to the hollow pits of hell.

Naomi closed the book and released a rather heavy breath straight from her lungs.

"Is this punishment for not saving the Eleventh Original's older brother?" she asked incredulously to herself.

Why did she have to play the part of the most pathetic and pitiful villainess to ever exist?

The Original in Don't Blame a Daydreamer was a rich, young lady from a wealthy family who was idolized by many. Like most second female leads in a story, she was interested in the male lead and pursued him since they were young children.

Since the male lead was the male lead of a novel (meaning: he was disgusted by love and women in general, until he met the female lead, and then he'd believe in love and all that bullshit), he constantly rejected her. It didn't stop the Original, though, persistent and stubborn as she was.

Using her family's connections—and the fact that their families were close friends for at least five or so generations—she somehow managed to get an engagement contract between her and the male lead. It honestly only made the male lead dislike her more, considering at that point, he was already in love with the female lead.