Chapter 8

'"When you grow up with parents like Naomi's, you tend to understand why she became this way, and why she loves Rowen so much," Louisa said with a soft smile across her face, apologetic and remorseful, yet full of compassion for her best friend

I nod, because while I don't understand, I get the gist of being unloved by the very people who should've loved you. Perhaps, Naomi is as kind as everyone says she is, and only talked to me like that earlier because she felt threatened by my presence. It's strange to think of her being threatened by me when I haven't done anything. Why should she feel threatened when she is so pretty and popular with others? But I can't tell what she should feel, and can only try to reassure her.

Hopefully, we'll become friends in the future.'

- An Excerpt from Don't Blame a Daydreamer, Marianne's POV

The rest of the day afterwards wasn't out of the ordinary. When they met at class, Louisa didn't hesitate berating her for not contacting her after running away. Naomi merely promised to contact her next time, and proceeded to listen to Louisa curse and complain about Rowen until a teacher arrived to start another round of introductions.

She started Louisa's quest before they parted at school, which was about Louisa's insecurities over her becoming a fashion designer and thinking that she wouldn't be good enough. Honestly, considering how much Louisa favored her, Naomi's progress hadn't been difficult. She was already at three over five of the quest progress, halfway to completing it.

Overall, Naomi thought she had done well for herself, and it was only the first day of school. The novel was at a pace where everything seemed harmonious and safe, so she was going to take advantage of the safe space before everyone went crazy over Marianne.

Although she hadn't met the female lead, she did cut ties with the male lead and managed to establish a connection with the second male lead and the deadliest love interest in Marianne's harem. That meant she had grasped over some of the key or big figures of the novel that could make or break her future. She wanted to keep it that way in order to secure their loyalty before Marianne could get to them.