Fever (Pekomari)

It's Thanksgiving, I was supposed to have dinner with my gen mates today but Noel, Flare and Rushia bailed last minute due to some unexpected clash on their schedule with other members in Hololive. Which leaves me and Marine only, it has been so long since I've had some alone time with Marine as well. So I'm looking forward to meet her.

Just as I was ordering some food, I waited in an empty table for my takeaway to be packed. Ding*

A notification from Marine?

Marine: Peko chan, I have a cold... 🤒
Marine: I'm so sorry but you shouldn't come over I don't want you to catch my cold... 😔

Eh? Marine is sick, that's all the reason I need to visit her. I stood up and went to order some chicken soup for her. I heard that soup is always good to have when you're having a cold. I'm sure Marine will like it, I decided to reply to her and told her I'll be there in a few minutes.

True to my words, I'm now standing in front of Marine's apartment door, waiting for her to open it.

"Peko chan, I told you, you didn't have to come neee" Marine greeted me looking apologetic. She was wearing her signature jacket and no pants on. Her face was red and sweaty, I ignored her and went inside to prepare the food I've already bought.

"Why shouldn't I visit my girlfriend when she's sick?" I asked her nonchalantly. I could feel her smirking behind me just as she was about to hug me I step aside making her stumble on her feet.

"No hugging, you said it yourself you don't want me to catch your cold peko." I scold her. Marine just giggle and sat beside me on the dining table. I was preparing the food, putting them on plates and Marine's chicken soup on her bowl.

"Did you take your medicine yet peko?" I ask as I sat down beside her after preparing the meals. She think for a moment and shook her head, "I don't think so, I don't like the taste of it" she said. I flick her forehead for being irresponsible, " How will you get better if you're not taking good care of yourself peko?" I shake my head in disapproval.

"I'll take one later I promise, but now can we eat? The chicken looks very delicious" I nod and took Marine's bowl from her, she looks confused at first but then just let me do my thing. I decided to remove the bones for her so it'll be easier for her to eat. We ate in silence, but chat from time to time. Most of the time it's just me feeding her the other food that I've bought and wiping her mouth from the mess she made from eating.

It was a normal day for us honestly, except for the fact that we can't do much together since she's sick. I was kind bummed about it to be completely honest, I kind of expect to something more for today, I guess I got to wait for her to heal completely and see if our schedules are kind enough for us to have more time for each other.

Just as I was still in my own thoughts, I felt a warm sensation around my arm. I turn to my side to see Marine snuggling onto my arm and rest her head on my shoulders. That was when I realised that all the food was finished. I gently nudge Marine, "Hey, you should go back to bed amd rest while I clean the plates," I whispered to her gently not wanting to make too much noises cause having a cold sucks especially when you're sensitive to many things.

She whines and eventually gave up and went back to her room. I quickly went to the sink to wash all the dishes before filling a small bucket with cold water and bring it to Marine's room. I open her clothes drawer and took a small napkin, I then submerge the napkin into the bucket of cold water and twist some excess water before folding it in half, wide enough to cover all of Marine's forehead.

"I'm going to check your temperature alright?" I asked her gently as I wipe her sweats away, she nodded and kept looking at me while I tend to her. "You know, maybe I should get sick more often, it's rare to see this side of you Peko chan" she whispered weakly while occasionally sniffling. I simply scoff at her statement giving her 'are you serious' look.

Why would I want to see my girlfriend sick all the time, that'll just break my heart.

"Looks like your fever is going down," I said once I finished checking her temperature. I quickly went to the kitchen again to get Marine a glass of lukewarm water and her medicine.

"Here take this," I said as I handed her the medicine and put a straw on her glass so it'll be easier for her to sip the water. Once she took her medicine, I help tuck her into bed again this time the cold drenched folded napkin stays on her forehead.

"Peko chan, can't you stay with me today?" She suddenly asked.

Probably sensing that I was about to leave as I packed my things ready. I raised an eyebrow at her, "I don't want to catch your cold" I said looking at her rather apologetically. I can't risk myself to get sick since I have a stream collaboration scheduled tomorrow.

She pouts and hold my wrist tight, "Can't you at least stay until I fall asleep?" She then beg. At that point I honestly felt bad since she had to beg for me to stay. What kind of girlfriend am I to make their girlfriend beg for them to stay. Maybe it isn't a big deal, but to me I'd want my partner to feel special all the time, which is why as much as I can't stay, I practically gaslit myself into staying.

"Alright, I'm sorry, but promise me you'll do your best to take care of yourself alright? I don't like it when you're sick peko." I told her sternly. To which she nodded eagerly, she then pat the left side of her bed, "Can ypu lay beside me?" She asked, as I'm already giving in, I practically can't say no to any of her requests anymore. If I got sick I'll just apologize and reschedule the stream then, I thought as I try to see it in a positive way.

The thing about being an Idol and a full time streamer, is how hard it is to satisfy my fans. I'm grateful for them and their support but sometimes it gets really demanding and honestly it's very draining. I feel like the reason why Marine caught a cold is because she's been practicing hard for the Tetris Puyo Puyo tournament that I organised. Honestly I don't understand why she got the hate for winning the tournament and beating Suisei senpai.

It's proof that her hardwork payed off, but some haters just have to ruin it for her and now she's sick. Maybe it's just me blaming people to make myself feel better about Marine being sick.

But enough about my conflicts, I quickly lay down beside her and turn my face to stare at the woman in front of me. Honestly, Marine is beautiful and perfect, I'd wish to protect her smile at all cost, no matter what. That's just how much I love her, but of course I'd never tell her that.. I mean it's very embarrassing to admit, I'm not particularly good at expressing my feelings so that's that. I do plan to fix that but everything takes time so I'm going to take it slow instead of rushing, I'm sure Marine would prefer that too just to make me feel utmost comfortable while being in a relationship with her.

We always have this talks with eachother as well which I'm grateful for. Honestly Marine is the ideal partner to be with, with how much she always make sure that you're comfortable and heard. I've never been in a relationship before Marine, but I'm sure that she'll be my first and last. With Marine as your partner, for me, there'll hardly be any arguments, she's just very understanding and I love that the most about her.

Just as I lost myself in my deep sea of thoughts I felt Marine snuggling closer to me, her head on my chest and my arms around her. I thought about letting her go because I don't want to catch her cold, but who am I kidding.. I miss her very much, I've decided that I don't mind if the cold is from her since I love her anyway. With that I tightened my hold around her, tight enough to make her feel love and not suffocation.

"Marine?" I whispered trying to see if she's still awake or not, which not to my surprise she answered with a hmm.

"I love you," she then whispered as she look up at me from my chest, I stared at her letting out a small chuckle. Ah, she beat me to it again.

I lean down to kiss her head before whispering back, "I love you too," I hope she can feel my love from the bottom of my heart, "Get well soon alright?" We were both gazing at eachother's eye with full affection. As if only we exist in this little world of ours.

I don't know if it's her fever or she blushed from that before breaking the gaze and hid her face on my chest again.
She mumbled something which I couldn't caught on, "Goodnight pekochan" she said as she wraps her arm around me.

"Goodnight Marine"

A/n: short pekomari fluff, enjoy :D

Ctto: https://twitter.com/dantyou2525/status/1519275845000757248?t=a1F-Qz88ut5uUVny_C1-zw&s=19