Apologize (InaMe)

Ame had been busy with her "Time" business, as usual.. we hardly ever had time together anymore. If only she would take me more seriously.

It's been almost 2 months since I've seen her face... hear her voice or even heard anything from her. Not even Gura, her best friend, knew where she's at. Rather than concern, I'm more annoyed and angry at her for treating me like I'm a nobody. Despite being her girlfriend, I feel more like a stranger rather than someone special to her. All her words of reassurance seem rather useless now that her disappearance happened more than once.

Ame has been disappearing without notice. Coming back injured or covered in blood for so many times now. At first of course I was worried, why wouldn't I? I mean if you see someone you love disappearing without telling you where they went and when they do come back they're either injured or bloody.

Today was no exception.

The moment I opened the door, I could see a fatigue and almost lifeless Ame. Her jacket was ripped off, her stockings were torn here and there, her hair was in disarray, her hat gone, eyes swollen, lips dry, and a huge cut on her stomach that seemed to have been taken care of based on the bandage wrapped around her.

Not saying much, I opened the door wider for her to come inside. There's nothing much I can do; she seems to have taken care of everything.

As she walked in, I saw how she went straight towards my bedroom, but for some reason, I was angry. Angry at the sight of her showing up out of nowhere in front of my apartment, not saying anything, not even a 'Hi, I missed you, I came as soon as I can to see you.'

Call me a hopeless romantic or whatnot, I don't really care; but can you blame me? I've tolerated this because I love her; she can't even give me a simple, 'Hey, I'll be gone for a while, but I'll see you as soon as I'm done.'

Am I just being too sensitive?

Following Ame to my bedroom, I closed the door behind me before turning to face her. She was lying on my bed, eyes glued to the picture of the two of us on our first date in the amusement park that I had pinned on my wall.

The light in my room was dimmed, but I did not miss how she looks sad and defeated. Not that it concerns me considering how she never talk to me about her missions.

Instead of doing something rational, I scoffed at her, making her turn towards me; out of her trance.

"Ina?" I could hear her whispered voice, confused.

For whatever reason, I let my emotions take the best of me; instead, I glared at her. "What," I asked in a cold tone, foreign to her.

That certainly took her by surprise, making her sit up in my bed as she maintained eye contact with me. The look on her face was very familiar; every time she couldn't comprehend things or, to put it simply, understand 'me,' her forehead would crease as she tries to think of the solution to cheer me up.

Only that this time, rather than playfully sad; I'm angry.

Ame quickly stood up, sensing that my mood was off. As she tried to touch me, I slapped her hand away, making her startled and taken aback by my action. I furrowed my eyebrows at her, "Don't touch me." I could see the frown forming on Ame's face. She seemed mostly confused and saddened by the coldness of my actions.

"Ina.." she called out to me again, trying to step closer, only to be pushed away by me. I didn't mean to be harsh, but my emotions are unstable, resulting in Ame stumbling back to my bed.

"Don't you get it?" I asked, coldly.

My hands were trembling, both in anger and regret of pushing her too hard. Regardless of my actions, I stepped forward, pinning her down on the bed, looking at her angrily.

'Ina'nis, control yourself,' whispered the Ancient One. I clicked my tongue at Ao, ignoring their warning.

"You're so selfish, Ame," I said, the grip on her hand tightening, making her wince in pain as she looked at me in shock.

"I-ina- you're hurting me," Ame then expressed, helplessly.

Something inside of me felt satisfied with her reaction. I smirked at her, making her eye me worriedly.

"Awh, does it hurt?" I asked her, mockingly. Tears started welling up in her eyes as I could sense her getting angry and scared of why I suddenly acted this way.

Just as I was taken aback by her crying, she managed to push me off of her, making me land on the floor.

The room was filled with silence, the only thing I could hear at that moment was Ame's heavy breathing as she roughly wiped away her tears. The look on Ame's face as she stared down at me made it hard for me to think straight.

I never thought Ame would cry in front of me. I thought a person like her would never show her negative emotions towards others. Tears flowed from those beautiful blue eyes endlessly, and her voice got slightly hoarse.

"What is wrong with you, Ina?!" She shouted at me. It was my first time seeing her cry, but looking at her crying made me feel happy.

"This is bad..."

I stood up slowly, dusting off the dust on my clothes before approaching her in a slow pace. With each step I took forward, Ame fell backward.

I knew the right thing to do in this situation is to apologize and comfort her, but why should I bother doing the right thing?

Why do we always have to be nice?

I didn't do anything wrong.

She's the reason I'm like this.

She's the reason I'm angry.

So tell me, why? Why should I apologize?

"Y-you're scaring me, Ina." Ame's voice was small and shuddering; fear was evidently there, but why does she sound both scared and.. happy?

"Ninomae Ina'nis." The Ancient One's voice snapped at me, making me halt in my tracks.

Huh?

For some reason, I couldn't get Ame's slightly curved lips, as if she's smiling at me, out of my head. Why was she smiling? We're having, what Kiara and Calli called a couple's quarrel, no? Nothing about it is funny.

I was confused, but the anger from seeing her face on my doorstep after 2 months still lingers. Clicking my tongue at her, I turn away from Ame and decide to leave my room, not wanting to deal with both my anger and Ame at the same time.

I could hear Ame's soft voice calling me out, but instead, I decided to ignore it. She stopped following after I disappeared out of her sight with the help of the Ancient One's power.

That was the first time we ever fought in our relationship.

And it didn't end well.

"Tbc-"

A/n: Enjoy :)