This is Goodbye (MeltyKiss)

Dread hangs heavy in the air as their well-guarded secret is laid bare before our feuding families. In the cold scrutiny of their parents, Choco and Mel stand, their forbidden love now an unwelcome truth.

Pressured by her family, Mel  insists they break up. But in that tense moment, Choco lean in and say, "If loving you is a sin, then I'll be a sinner and live with you," choosing to embrace their connection despite the storm swirling around them.

“Please... I don't know what's right and wrong anymore...” Mel cried in Choco's arms, the weight of her parents pressure and the weights of the harsh reality Choco's parents told her that they could never be together is all just too much for the vampire.

Mel's distraught voice is laced with the burden of the world on her shoulders. Choco's response is not thought out, just pure reflex as she move to comfort her girlfriend, wrapping her in a tight embrace in Choco's attempt to shield her from the hostility of their parents. Choco rest her head against Mel's as she speak quietly,

"Then we'll be wrong together, love..."

“We... Cannot be together, you know that...” Mel pull back gently looking at her partner, searching for something in Choco's eyes to stop herself from being a coward.

But the longer she stare at the love of her life, the more heart wrenching it is for her, how they can't be together, no matter how she tried to look for a positive aspect... Their parents are simply trying to protect them... And she hate that they're right.

Choco's grasp on Mel loosens slightly as she pull away and the harsh reality of their situation begins setting in. As Mel pull away, she meet her gaze and search deep. Choco's eyes slowly fill with regret as she watch Mel fight the overwhelming sense of helplessness. Her voice is pained as she finally admit, "Maybe they are right..."

A tear dropped from Mel's golden with a hint of hazel eyes, it pained Choco. Had it be that one of them born male, they wouldn't have to be in this predicament. What a cruel world they live in...

“I love you.. Choco. I want you to be happy, that's the only wish I want. I want you to have a peaceful life, and I.. I can't give you that. Mel cup Choco's face with both her hands, looking deep into her partner's eyes, oh how beautiful yet pained they look right now.

“I'll always love you, in any universe, past, present and future, I promise I'll find you in my next life." Tears slowly falling down Mel's cheeks, it hurts.. She wants to be with her but she can't.

With each word Mel said, Choco's vision begins to blur and she fight the tears as they well up. Choco gaze back at Mel, her own heart being shredded to ribbons as she's forced to accept the harsh reality of their situation.

Choco force herself to hold on as Mel cup her face, not wanting to let go. She can't deny the painful truth of it, that her lover's words are more likely than not the truth. She manage to whisper between trembling breaths, "I... I don't want you to go..."

“I'm sorry...” Mel cried the moment she heard Choco, she needs to let go.. she needs to let go so Choco can move on.

“You need to let go of me now,” Mel whispered, “This is goodbye" she said as she give Choco a gently kiss on her forehead.

“Please forget about me..."

Choco's lip trembles as a single tear falls from her eye. She fight the tears to see Mel clearly, to see every detail of Mel's beautiful and flawless face that she's certain will be etched into her memory for the rest of her days.

Mel's warm lips against her forehead are a comfort beyond description but they also leave Choco wanting to pull her in for one last kiss. But that wasn't how she wanted to remember their last embrace and with a sigh, she let go.

“I will always love you, Mel.”

“I guess this is goodbye, thank you for loving me.”

-----------------------

A/n: 16/01/2024

Mel will always be in our heart.

-----------------------