Chapter 1: First Encounter

"We have supported your dreams all these years, but you also need to understand your responsibility in this family. Your father is getting old and sickly. Who will manage our company in the future?! You're our only son. Your sister will marry into another family and we, your parents are not always here to focus on our company. You need to be responsible Xiao Rui (/ / Little Rui)!

These words from her mother keep repeating on Ricky's mind.

He was in dazed looking out the window sitting inside his Bentley Flying Spur's back seat.

It was the same nostalgic view he grew up with. Orange County, located in beautiful Southern California offers an almost perfect climate with year-round sunshine and mild temperatures, giving residents and visitors ample opportunity to enjoy the miles of beaches and parks the county has to offer

"Sir, I will drive now to the Airport," the driver politely said as he stepped carefully on the gas.

They are headed to the John Wayne Airport that serves Orange County, California, and the Greater Los Angeles area.

It's been almost a year since he debuted as one of the members of the K-pop idol boy group, Zerobaseone. He was really glad that he was finally achieving his dream to perform as an idol. However, luck was not always on his side. Early this year, his father kept experiencing heart problems. His father's body became weaker and this made his mother worry about the future of their company.

He shifted his gaze on the piece of paper that he was holding on his hands. It was a GED certificate that he successfully received after acing all the GED exam he took in California.

He took the GED exam or General Educational Development examination to continue his studies. The GED is a set of 5 exams that determines whether the test-taker has a high school graduate's level of knowledge. Receiving a high school diploma is the more common educational path for the average student, while the GED is generally obtained by those who left high school due to family obligations or other personal issues and therefore could not complete the high school program.

Ricky dropped out of high school when he was 17 and went to South Korea to be an idol trainee. He was studying Fine Arts at Crean Lutheran High School when he decided to drop out.

Still thinking deeply, his phone rang. He picked it up immediately as he saw the caller ID.

"Wéi (/Hello) Mama (妈妈)..."

"How was it?" his mother asked excitedly.

"Aced all the exams, got the certificate and two recommendation letters," he stated in low spirit.

"Zuòde hǎo! (做得好!/Good job)," his mother applauded, "But why does your tone seemed gloomy?"

"Méi shénme (没什么/ Nothing)," Ricky responded shortly.

"Xiao Rui (/ / Little Rui)," his mother called affectionately. "I know what you are feeling right now. We are not forcing you to quit your career now. We just want you to also prepare yourself in leading the company in the future. Please understand that you need to learn the basics before we hand over the company to you. Studying business degree is a good start. I know it will be difficult to be an idol while studying a college degree. But we all know too well, that you won't let go of your idol career...for now. You always work hard. I know you can do these things. We will always support you, Xiao Rui (/ / Little Rui)," his mother tried her best to uplift his mood.

"Xiè.xiè nǐ (谢谢你 / thank you) Mama (妈妈)...I'm hanging up now. See you soonest," Ricky ended the phone call and gave off a deep sigh.

The car pulled into stop. They are in already in the entrance of the airport. The driver got off the car and open the backseat door. Ricky walked out from the car. The driver got his luggage and gave it to him.

"Sir, please have a safe flight," his driver bowed politely his head.

He nodded and grabbed his luggage and walked into the entrance.

Because his schedule was private and personal, Ricky tried to disguise himself by wearing humble clothes such as black denim pants and black baggy hoodie. The hoodie covered his bleached hair entirely.

He passed the gates and was about to walk to the boarding entrance when suddenly a person bumped into him. Everything went so fast and they collided hard as Ricky fell flat on the floor. He felt his back against the cold floor and felt something warm and heavy on top of him.

He opened his eyes and saw a girl on top of him and her face was on his face. Her lips over his!

Ricky panics but dared not to show it. Instead, he slowly and politely pushed away the lady on top of him. The lady kept apologizing. Ricky wanted to escape the situation or disappear on the spot. He felt embarrassed. Then, he heard the boarding call his flight number. A way to escape the situation smoothly.

"It's okay, Miss. Please next time look where you are going," he told coldly.

He bent to pick up his LV pouch. But there were two identical bags on the floor. He heard again his flight number being called and he just picked up one from the two which is nearer to him, assuming it was his and he walked fast going to the boarding entrance.

Ricky settled on his first-class seat. The plane started to take off.

"That was my first kiss," he was still in shock from what happened earlier.

He put his fingers over his lips, "...and it was taken away just like that."

He got his pouch to check his phone, but when he opened the pouch. The items inside were different!

"Arghhhhhhhh!," Ricky exclaimed. He messed up.

-----------------------------

Author's Note: So how is it? I'm just a new Zerose and I like Ricky very much! Please tell me if you like the first chapter and any feedback will do. Thank you :)