Chapter 12: Moving in

After that small talk, Y/N's chest lightened and her mood became a bit lively. It's all thanks to her super handsome and hot housemate.

"Duì le (对了/By the way), may I borrow your laptop?" Ricky asked Y/N.

"Wèile shénme? (为了什么?/ For what?)" Y/N turned to him.

"Let's write the housemate contract. So, we can already sign it. I'll be moving some of my things the day after tomorrow. I have schedule at work tomorrow and the classes will start in 3 days," Ricky responded checking his schedule on his phone.

"Hǎo (/Okay). I'll just get it from my room," Y/N walked inside her room to get her laptop.

Y/N gave the laptop to Ricky. They sat side by side as Ricky typed on the laptop. From time to time, Y/N would point out to edit some clauses. After some moment, the draft was done.

The contract was divided into five sections.

· The bills, where the rent and utilities will be paid equally by the housemates.

· The guests, there shouldn't be any guests in the unit. Since, Ricky's situation is a bit risky if the public would come to know.

· The general housekeeping, cooking, cleaning, and recycling will be done by mainly Y/N since Ricky will shoulder the purchase of all household supplies. Ricky can also help if he's on the vicinity.

· The household supplies, the purchase of all those things will be handled by Ricky.

· The general courtesies, all other issues that will affect each housemate shall be decided fairly by both housemates.

"Fair enough?" Ricky asked.

"Hmmm, I don't know about section 3..." Y/N was contemplating.

"Hey, look. I'm not always here. Maybe ill just be sleeping here at most thrice a week. I do not have the leisure of time to do house hold chores every time I'm here. Maybe I can help with the cooking and washing the dishes. Moreover, I'm a neat person, I don't go around scatter things and make mess," Ricky explained.

"Okay. Okay. I get it. Section 3 is alright. I'll print the contract and let's sign it," Y/N stood up holding the laptop. She was about to go to her room.

"Oh, don't forget to print the other contract too," Ricky interrupted.

It's almost 10 in the morning when they finished signing the two contracts.

"Now that both contracts had been signed, let's work well together from now on," Y/N extended his hand to Ricky.

"Hǎo (/Okay)," Ricky shook her hand.

"I just observed. It seems that when it's just the two of us, the default language we use is Chinese. We've been talking in Chinese ever since we met though we're in Korea," Y/N shared her observation.

"It's comfortable to speak in Chinese with you. How's your Korean? Do you speak other languages?" Ricky asked as he started to tidy up his things.

"My Korean is just so-so, still not that fluent. But I'm trying my best to learn. I also speak English fluently. So that's it, Chinese, English and Korean," Y/N answered.

"I'm not that fluent still in Korean," Ricky confessed. "Let's just speak in the language we're comfortable wh. You can say it in Chinese I can answer it in English or Korean, depending on my mood. We both understand the three anyway," Ricky suggested.