Chapter 5: Hospital Worries

Y/N's POV

You were looking intently at nurse who will prick your vein. You felt that your tears started to pour from your eyes. Then all of a sudden, a hand blocked your view.

You felt the cold needle pierced your skin and felt the flow of blood drawing out.

The procedure was done in an instant. Then you look at the owner of the hand.

"Shen Quanrui?" you called.

**Starting from here, all bold letters conversation are in Chinese.**

"Tā shì shénme? (它是什么?/What is it?)," he asked.

You did not expect him to stay behind. You thought that he already left.

"Nǐ wèishéme zài zhè? (为什么在这?/Why are you here?)" you asked dumbfoundedly.

"Sorry, to say this but you just look funny just now. Why are you even crying? It's just a needle? How old are you? Five?" he teased me openly.

"What can I do? I'm not good with needles," you responded timidly.

You two sat at the lounge, waiting for the result. You felt really sick and decided to close your eyes for a bit. You were waiting for almost 30 minutes, when you opened your eyes again, then he suddenly started a conversation.

"You forgot this in the car," he handed you your pouch.

"You're still here?" you asked weakly.

"Patient Y/N, come get your results," the nurse shouted from the station.

"You can go back now. Thank you again," you politely bowed to him.

You got the results and went to the doctor for further checkup. Your white blood cells are a bit elevated. You still have high fever. The doctor advised you to have an IV drip to help boost your energy, alleviate nausea and vomiting, and help you feel better.

You were in the waiting lounge with IV drip beside you. You need to stay awake to call the nurse when your IV drip is empty. But your eyes felt so heavy. You gave in and slept.

You woke up in hearing a man's voice talking to someone.

"Nurse, her IV drip is empty. Can you remove the IV already?" the voice seemed familiar.

You slowly opened your eyes.

You see Shen Quanrui. He's still here.

"You're still here?" you asked surprisingly.

"How can I leave my countryman who doesn't have anyone who can look after her when she's sick in the hospital. I'm not that cold hearted," he was standing in front of you.

You felt something warm inside you. Your heart started to beat faster.

"Do I have heart problem now?" you murmured to yourself.

"What is it? Anyway, come on now. I'll drop you to your house," he told you nonchalantly.

"There's no need. I'm already fine," you stood up and tried to walk forward. But suddenly your knees got wobbly and lost your balance. You will fall again in the floor.

But then he caught you in his arms. You stared into his eyes as he stared back to yours. Everything seemed to stop. It felt like you were in a KDrama scene and you two were the main characters. His eyes were really beautiful and felt like you're being pulled into.

Then you suddenly heard the nurse.

"Patient Y/N, you are already discharged. You may go home and rest more," the nurse broke the silence and we broke away.

"S-see. Y-you almost hit the floor. You're obviously not okay," he stuttered.

"Hǎo (/Okay). I'll let you send me home," you don't really have the energy to bicker with him. You still feel weak.

He called someone on the phone, "Hyung, sorry about this. Can you pick up us at the hospital? Yeah. The hospital where you dropped us off. Thank you very much."

"Okay, let's wait outside," He led the way going to the exit.

After sometime, the car arrived and you two went to the back seat.

"Thank you, hyung, but we need to drop her off to her place first" Shen Quanrui patted the shoulder of the man driving.

"What's your address?" he asked you.

"In Yonsei, the international campus in Songdogwahak-ro, I'm staying in an apartment nearby the campus," You responded.

"Hǎo (/Okay)," he nodded.

He removed his facemask and fix his hair. Now, you can see his entire face. You were curious why he had his facemask all the time outside and seemed to be always looking around in public. It felt like he was looking out from something. Maybe it won't hurt to ask.

"Why are you wearing facemask earlier and you seem to be looking out from something outside. Are you wanted or something?" you teased him back now.

He looked a bit surprised by my question.

"You don't recognize me?" He asked in a serious tone.

"Do I need to?" you asked back.

There was an awkward silence after that.

"Never mind. You will know soon or in the future," he closed his eyes. "I'll be resting for a while."

After sometime, you reached your destination. You got off the car.

"Shen Quanrui, Fēicháng gǎnxiè nǐ! (非常感谢你!/Thank you very much). Thank you too Mister for driving," you bowed politely.

The car drove away and you watched it until it's not visible anymore.

"Such a long day already," you said to yourself.