Chapter 8: You're an idol?

Y/N's POV

The sun is almost setting. You were also done helping the professors assisting the freshmen's orientation. Many things happened today. It was really a long day. You made your way to your apartment.

Your apartment was elegant and spacious with two bedrooms. It was also near the campus. Your parents were the one who chose the apartment and the one paying the rent. Now, that you're cut off from the family, you'll be shouldering the rent on your own. But that does not matter anymore, since you were just hired as a tutor with a really generous salary.

You went to your bedroom and lay down on your bed. You're too tired.

Then you heard a notification from your phone.

Ricky: Check your email. I already sent the draft contract.

Y/N: Hǎo (/Okay)

You tapped on your email and saw his message. You downloaded the file and read the contract carefully. All of the clauses seemed to be fairly written. She tapped on her kakaotalk and sent a message to Ricky.

Y/N: I read it thoroughly. Fairly written.

Ricky: Let's meet tomorrow so we can sign it. I'm available in the morning. Where can we meet?

Y/N: At the main library. Is 9:00 AM okay?

Ricky: I'm okay with that. See you.

You put your phone down and got up. You felt tired but its still too early to sleep. You looked at the wall clock. 7:00 PM. Indeed, it's so early. You noticed the top of your drawer where your family photos were placed. You were all smiling. Your father, mother, older brother and you. You were still young that time, around seven years old. Even though, your parents were so strict and made decisions for you, there was a time that you were all happy. But now, your mother just easily cut you off and she did it over the phone.

"What a family I have," you said to yourself.

You felt that your eyes were getting heavy, as if tears were impending to pour. But you shake it off. "I think I need to have a drink!" you slapped both your cheeks to be lively.

"I'll go out and drink with all my heart's content," you grabbed your house keys, put on your shoes and went out.

You went to a nearby pojangmacha and ordered lamb skewers and 5 bottles of soju. You sat at the corner table nearby a television. You poured yourself a glass of soju.

"It's been a while since I see an opened television in Korea," you told to yourself as you finished your first glass. You were too busy this past year in your studies and other extracurricular activities and on the first place you're not interested in local TV shows. You do your entertainment watching through Netflix.

You poured the next glass. You put your focus on the TV.

"Oh, it's a music show," you saw the people singing and dancing on the TV. Kpop is really popular and a big thing here in Korea. But you don't really know any of them. Oh wait, you know BTS but only in name, is that even counted?

You're already done with your five soju bottles, when you saw a familiar face on TV.

"Hehe am I drunk with just these bottles? Why am I seeing some guy that looks like Shen Quanrui being interviewed in a music show?" you asked yourself.

After the MCs interviewed the guy who looks like Shen Quanrui with eight other guys, they performed on the stage.

You are all focused on the guy that the MC called Ricky. He was really a spitting image of Shen Quanrui. He dances and sings really well. He has charismatic stage presence.

A group of students suddenly come in the tent.

"Oh, is that Ricky of Zerobaseone? I heard he's a student in Yonsei? What was his real name?" a female student said as he pointed at the Ricky guy in the TV.

"It's Sh-shen Quan something. He's Chinese," another female student responded.

"Shen Quanrui?!" You suddenly blurted out loudly as you stepped near them.

"Y-yes that's it," the female student nodded awkwardly, she was surprised by your sudden presence in their group talk.

You got back to your table shocked. So that's why he's incredibly handsome and have such great proportions.

"So you're an idol, Shen Quanrui or should I call you by your stage name, Ricky?" you talked to your phone, where his contact is showing, then you accidentally tapped the dial button.

He picked it up fast, "Hello."

"You're probably earning a lot as an idol, so you can pay me 50 million yen a year," you said unknowingly that Ricky is on the other line already.

"I also have some assets," Ricky's voice echoed from the phone.

"Huh? My phone suddenly speaks?! Wow is it magic?" you were way too drunk to see the phone screen.

"What are you talking about? What magic? You sounded so drunk? Are you drinking?" Ricky asked on the other line.

"Wow my phone seems to be worrying about me," you put your phone down the table.

"My phone is closer to me than my own family," you leaned your head down the table.

Then you started sobbing loudly. "I'm so alone." You cried loudly that you caught the attention of other customers inside the tent.

"H-hey stop crying loudly. You must be really drunk," Ricky's said on the other line.

The female owner of the Pojangmacha walked towards you, "Hey miss, please don't cry out loud here. The other customers are being disturb."

"How much did you even drink?!" Ricky's voice echoes again from the phone. His voice was heard by the female owner.

The owner got your phone and spoke, "Hey, are you her boyfriend? Or whomever you are, pick her up here already. She looks so wasted." The owner told the address to Ricky and before he can respond, the call ended already.