Chapter 7: The Deal

Ricky immediately got a tissue pack on his bag. He walked towards Y/N.

"Excuse me, perhaps you need this," Ricky extended his hand holding the tissue pack towards Y/N.

Y/N was surprised, "What are you doing here?"

"I'm sorry. I'm taking a phone call earlier. Then you appear...and..." Ricky was explaining.

"So, you've heard everything," she cut off Ricky.

"I-I," Ricky stuttered.

"You always see me in my most embarrassing moments. First on the airport, in the hospital and then here!" she got the tissue from his hand.

"I'm sorry about that," he apologized. "That's all not intended."

"I'm sorry again," Ricky was about to open the fire exit door.

"I don't have a family now. I'm all alone," Ricky looked back and saw tears continuously pouring from Y/N's eyes.

He can't bare to just leave her be. He felt his heart being crushed just seeing her like that. He sat down beside her in the stairway.

"Look you're not literally alone here," Ricky said trying to comfort her.

"What are you trying to say?" Y/N stopped sobbing.

"You can see me, right?" Ricky asked.

"Yes. I'm not blind," Y/N wiped her tears from her eyes.

"I'm here..." Ricky stared at her eyes, "...with you. You're not alone".

She looked confused.

"You look funny again," Ricky poked her cheeks. "But that's a better look than the crying one," he smirked.

"Thank you for comforting me somehow," Y/N is still sulking.

"So, what are you planning to do?" Ricky asked seriously. "Can you manage to survive without any financial help from your family?"

Silence filled the area.

Then Y/N spoked, "The scholarship just offers minimal allowances. Maybe I need to start working to earn my living. I also need to pay rent for my apartment... utilities... phone... insurances," Y/N counted all the things she needs to pay.

"Okay... Then...how about working for me?" Ricky offered.

"What do you mean?" Y/N asked.

"I heard that your grades are great and that you're really smart. How about being my tutor? I don't have any economics background. I studied arts way back high school. I was admitted here but all I have is a GED certificate and two recommendation letters. Also, I'm working full time. Honestly, I don't know if I'm gonna survive even the first semester. But I'm still gonna do my best. So, is it a deal?" Ricky extended his hand towards Y/N.

"How much?" Y/N asked.

"50 Million won per year" Ricky answered abruptly.

"Deal!" Y/N immediately shook his hand when she heard the amount he's offering.

"You're really one rich guy to spend that much for a tutor! I'm not even a professional teacher. I'm just an undergraduate student," Y/N was shaking his hand happily.

Ricky smirked on her actions. "Now you're smiling, money really makes a man."

"Of course, I'm happy. My financial problems got solved in a snap! Don't worry. You won't regret! You will pass all the courses and graduate!" Y/N beamed at Ricky.

"I'll draft a contract to formalize this and have it stamped legally. I'll send it to you tonight via email. Give me your contacts and ill give you mine," Ricky exchanged contacts with Y/N. They exchanged emails, kakao ID and phone number.

"Now, I need to go," Ricky stood up.

"But the orientation is not yet finish," Y/N reminded him as she stood up.

"I need to work hard now for you to earn 50 million won per year,"he smirked. "Don't worry, I'll try mybest to attend the classes."

Falling into you (Ricky of Zerobaseone Fanfiction)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें